Onions

Since we’ve reopened this, I have a question. I’ve also found the candle/gas flame to be the most effective remedy, aside from the swim goggles. (Who cares how they look? I AM a kitchen terrorist.) But how does it work? Does it burn the offending chemicals before they get to your eyes or does the movement of air caused by the heat from the flame just blow them away from your eyes? If it’s the latter, then a fan might work, too, if it were angled just right.

So that’s how they make an onion ring.

Place cutting board on cooking surface directly under range hood with an OUTSIDE exhaust. Leave window in furthest part of kitchen slightly open to allow air flow away from you. Cut away.

FixedBack

“Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity.”~~G.K.Chesterton 1908

Food processor.

I hate onions. My way is, they don’t come in the house, no tears, no crying, nothing.
Works for me.

I realize I’m also rather late in finding this thread, but in my opinion it’s only fair if I have to cry a little, I mean that onion will die and some people have to express their feelings to cope with the loss. In the last 20 years, onions didn’t change and sometimes that makes you a little sentimental, you start to think about life and death, the daily existential crisis comes bearing down on you and there you are crying for 3 hours straight in your kitchen. Happens nearly every time I try to prepare a meal, even if there is no onions in it.

Have you considered ordering in?

[Moderating]

You bumped a 20-year-dormant thread just to say that?