Oops, I become a fan of hip-hop. I play this over and over.

Immortal Technique has something to say. Unfortunately, it’s all radical-left conspiracy theory Bush-Blew-Up-The-Towers nonsense. And people who listen to him - young, naive people - fall for it.

But he did. In fact he was flying one of the planes. Why do you think he was a pilot. Coincidence, ha.

He’s a pretty good rapper. But when I heard this lyric -

I pretty much gave up on the guy.

Other jewels of wisdom:
You think illuminati’s just a fucking conspiracy theory?
That’s why Conservative racists are all runnin’ shit
And your phone is tapped by the Federal Government*

I was watching the Towers, and though I wasn’t the closest
I saw them crumble to the Earth like they was full of explosives

Four Non-Arabs arrested during the emergency
And then it disappeared from the news permanently

(He’s talking about Israelis, who are, of course, actually responsible for 9/11. And the Freemasons. And the Illuminati. And the Martians. And George Steinbrenner.)

The guy’s an idiot.

K-Os is the bomb. He rocks my socks.

I’m not critiquing hip-hop. I’m critiquing bad writing. And I’m trying to make the point that for a group to “have something to say” they should actually say what they mean, and not mangle their communication.

But, I guess that’s not what you want to hear, so…

Check out Greydon Square. Anyone who can wrap about Pascal’s wager is okay in my books.

k-os’ “Man I Used To Be” - excellent song with a great sound, a fascinating video (the bum and the businessman dance sequence is surreal) and a message, like most of his songs. “Crabbuckit” -the catchiest song EVER. “Love Song” - Prince-style complaint about the relationship record companies have with their artists.

k-os is Kheaven Brereton, a Canadian hip hop rapper who is definitely not content to just make noise about his bitches and hos and show off his bling. I’ve seen him live twice now; he’s very, very good at what he does. He is vocal about being the real deal, old school rapper. I don’t know if I agree with him; he’s far more entertaining than almost any rap artist I’ve heard in the past.

I’ve really been digging on Sage Francis, Saul Williams, and Rakim lately.

Sea Lion is a good song by Sage Francis, and had a bit at the end by Saul Williams. It’s truly fantastic.

Yes, the sun shines all the time.

Since the next line is about ice bergs, it sounds like a fairly straightforward comment that the sun is shining, increasing temperatures on the planet, yet people are fighting about pointless stuff. “Night” is a slant rhyme with “why.”

I don’t find it baffling or senseless at all.

Catchy song, too.

I thought it was kind of wack. Especially when you compare it to real hip hop like Eminem, Wycleff Jean or Kanye West.

Seriously? So, in this interpretation, the cause of global warming is that the sun shines? Well we should definitely put a stop to that, then.

As I’ve tried to make clear … I am not quibbling with their intended message, I just don’t think that the lyrics, as written, actually express the message that was intended. It is bad writing.

It’s weird watching these songs when they are not accompanied by a crooked, low resolution webcam image of a girl awkwardly gyrating out of her clothes. :o

I no longer wonder that you can’t understand the lyrics.

I think you need to back that statement up. Every interpretation of the lyrics I have put forward makes perfect sense. I believe they are poorly written and self-contradictory. I understand what is written, and I understand that what is written is nonsense.

What exactly do you think I don’t understand? Or do you feel that your ad hominem argument stands on its own?

Not sure if you actually checked out the first 2 Fort Minor links that I threw up there, but in the first one, he’s talking about his grandfathers experiences being sent to Manzanar. Might not be Global Warning, but still pretty powerful.