Opinions on Marin County, CA?

Article about a town in West Marin County, which sounds like it might be what the OP was looking for.

Touche! You almost killed me as I sipped a Coke when I read this.

Well done, sir! :slight_smile:
I’ve lived in Marin for four years on and off now (and also recently lived in San Francisco proper). Marin does tend to have an elite streak - a problem for me since I’ve been working for non-profit organizations with the concomitant lack of salary. On the other hand, I’ve discovered that you can avoid most of that by hanging out at the right places (not Starbucks :wink: .) For me, at least, the pluses far outweigh the problems with a population skewed towards the ultra-wealthy and overly hippie. I love that I have easy access to parks and open space, the neighborhoods are generally quiet and safe, traffic’s usually not too bad except for the slog along 101 north at rush hour, and there’s a lot of fun interesting activities in and around Marin.

The experience of San Rafael or Novato on the more urban east side of Marin may be very different from the experience in rural Stinson Beach/Bolinas or Point Reyes Station on the west side of Marin, of course.

Tam Valley’s actually within walking distance of where I live now - if you want to email me with more questions, feel free.