optimize/defrag

So, after letting Norton Optimize my disks, Win XP tells me that they should be defraged, should I let WinXP do it’s thing, or should I just do the optimization and leave it alone. Also for anyone who has Norton System Works and Norton Personal Firewall, I have a question. If the two of them can be integrated, which they are, why must they have to seperate task bar icons, why not just one. They both pull up the same screen (just different parts of it)? Also does anyone know how to change certain settings. For example if I accidentally told it to block all cookings from a website and then changed my mind, how do I undue that? (One more thing does anyone have trouble with Netflix.com when the Privacy Control is enabled?)

Run Speed Disk, but do not click on the Start button. Let it scan and then see how much of your disk is unfragmented. If your disk is 98% or 99% unfragmented, why both with defrag?

I erred before when I said the Optimization Wizard cleans my disk. I actually run Clean Sweep first, then go to the optimization wizard.

Notice also, that after the first selection in Speed Disk (total optimization) the other two choices that begin with “unfragment” are right underneath. But above “optimize the swap files” is a bar, indicating this is a new division; more evidence than “unfragment” means “optimize.”

• Try looking up “defragmenting” in the Norton help file index…