Osama bin Laden vs. hog producers. Who's more dangerous??

Wring, I am sorry if the comparison bothers you. I don’t really think Zev Steinhardt is well informed on the issue though. I know Zev has a bad taste in his mouth for Islam and Arabs but maybe I should send him a glass of the water that millions of us North Carolinians drink every day and then see what kind of taste he has in his mouth.

Willy

I am not disputing that the hog farmers cause problems.

however to make the link/comparison to OBL, WTC bombings is in fact hyperbolic crap and shouldn’t be encouraged.

Wring , The corporate hog industry is slowly destroying a way of life, a multi million dollar fishery, a multi billion dollar tourism industry, and an entire eco system. The comparison is a bit of a stretch as to the methods but the results are devastating in both cases. Only thing is that hog farmers seem to be doing this on a domestic level with the help of our elected officials. The entire nation saw the planes destroy the WTC. We just don’t get that kind of press here.

Willy
Demonstrate for me, please how these hog farmers have:

1. Caused the death of 3000 people w/in hours

2. Done so for the expressed purpose of killing/terror.

Then we’ll compare.
Til then, let me assure you that your stance is hurting your position.

it’s hyperbolic fucking crap and you know it.

Wring, If the hog industry hi jacked a thousand planes today and loaded them with hog waste and then crashed them into the Neuse river it would still be a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what has been done. Would that make it ok to compare then? It is an agenda that has operated with little or no regrd to the people it affects. They know what hog waste does to the river and the people who swim, boat, and work on it. They don’t care. This is not mention the many species of fish and mammals that are now extinct in our waters. Osama Sucks. Corporate hog industry sucks.

Fucktwit.

Person A has as his intent the causation of death and destruction. and causes same, to a great degree

Person B has as his intent greed, and to gain $$ does stuff that as an effect, damages the planet, destroys people’s lifestyles over time.

they aren’t even in the same fucking ballpark.

YOu know, I once had 2nd degree burns covering my torso, blisters some were 4 inches across and 10 inches long, from a boiling water incident. My mom said “I know what you’re feeling, I turned on the tap water and scaled my finger once”.

No, the two are not similar.

NOr, is being robbed “just like you’ve been raped”.

nor is some corporate fucking goon who damages the environment while causing havoc among those folks who live nearby anyfucking thing like a maniac who plots and plans for years to specifically cause as many civilian deaths as possible in as short of time as possible.

YOu are damaging your position and you don’t even see it. Your repeated claims that ‘it’s just like OBL’ allows people to dismiss your actual fucking arguments that exist in reality

bah. It’s like talking to a fucking wall.

Look, I never said “it’s just like OBL”. It is not just like OBL but there can be a comparison made. Wonder how much money we have spent searching for ONE MAN while an entire industry that is killing my home land goes unchecked? Osama is just one man.

YOu seem to have a grasp on the enormity of WTC etc.

can you begin then, to appreciate how people who lost their loved ones might feel, oh, I don’t know, pissed off if some dweeb on a message board made comparisons between what they’ve gone through and a corporations’ greed and avarice?

A ‘comparison’ can be made between any two things. If nothing at all else, they co-exist on the same planet.

there’s a difference between saying ‘a comparison can be made’ and 'a **valid, meaningful ** comparison can be made.

your comparison is neither valid or meaningful.

And it only (as I’ve mentioned in at least 2 other posts) allows people in your target audience (of those who don’t believe that the hog farmers are causing harm), to immediately dismiss you and your arguments as obvious hyperbole.
“Gee, if he’s making such an exaggerated, bizarre and obviously wrong comparison as hog farmers/OBL, then most likely he doesn’t have the real data to support his position, his claims are most likely the same sort of exaggeration, bizarre and obviously wrong stuff”.

gads. get a clue would you?

YOu don’t convince people of the sanity and rightness of your claims by talking idiotic craziness.

Huh? Excuse me?

You know I have a bad taste in my mouth for Islam???

How in Sam Hill do you know what kind of a “taste” I have for Islam?

Or do you just make the assumption that because I’m Jewish I’m automatically anti-Islam?

Oh, yes, I forgot. You’re the guy who branded me a racist simply because I am Jewish.

Do me a favor Sweet Willy, willya? Don’t post what you “know” about me until you hear it from me, OK? If I say somewhere that “All [fill in your least favorite ethnic/religious/racial/economic/political group here] are bums and should be shot,” then you can say that I am against said group. Until then, please don’t go repeating things you don’t know, OK?

[sub]BTW, wring, it wasn’t so much a rant (I try to avoid that) as much as a "I can’t believe he said that! :eek: [/sub]

Zev Steinhardt

And, BTW, Sweet Willy, I saw, first hand, in person (not on any television screen) what OBL did. I doubt there is anything you could show me in North Carolina that the hog producers are doing can possibly compare.

I’ll take your word that the hog producers aren’t saints, but you just can’t compare the two.

Zev Steinhardt

Yes. I am not sure that you have a grasp on the enormity of the hog waste pollution. That is where the comparison comes in. If you know the pain of 9/11 then maybe you can feel the pain of a devastated population at the shitty end of a river of hog waste.

I think you and I have had some frank exchanges on these issues. If I have misread you, please feel free to give us your disposition towards Islam and Arabs. While you are at it, tell me exactly what you know about hog waste and its affects on marine biology, as you seem to think its not very important.

If you would like to take the time and interest I will be glad to give you a tour. It will change your mind.

To my knowledge, we have not discussed Arabs and Islam. We have discussed your opinion that all Jews are racists.

I don’t want to turn this into a debate on Arabs and Islam. I don’t have a problem with Arabs or Islam. I do have a problem with some things done by some Arabs or Muslims (just as I have problems with some things done by Jews). But against Arabs or Muslims in general, I don’t have a beef.

And while I will admit that I am not a marine biologist, and I don’t know the full effects of hog waste on marine life, I still highly doubt that there is anything you can show me in North Carolina which, as a direct cause of hog waste, is worse than what I saw on September 11, 2001.

Zev Steinhardt

I highly doubt that.

Zev Steinhardt

and again, you conveniently ignore the issue.

there is a critical difference between these two statements:

1. “a comparison can be made”

and

1. “a valid and meaningful comparison can be made”

And you are doing a huge fucking disservice to the victims of the hog farmers you despise by failing to recognize that fact.

In the meantime, I’ll go back to my table in the “Liberal but not a fucking lunatic” section, and order up some Brie & Fruit.

Zev Steinhardt , I said that you have a bad taste in your mouth for Islam. Is that really out of line? Really? Or could that be an accurate characterization? I didn’t say you hated them or wanted to kill them. So, anyway, when you come down here bring your hip waders (you’ll need them to get through the hog shit in the wet lands) and your snorkel gear (you’ll need this to see the mountain of hog shit at the bottom of our water sources that makes ground zero look like an amusement park) and be sure to bring any anti biotics you might have on hand to fight the deadly infections you will get from coming into contact with all of the hog shit and decomposing hogs. You might also want to bring some deodorizer. Most of us have learned to live with the smell of hog shit and rotting flesh but you might need some help at first.

Again, please go back and re-read what I wrote.

Again, I didn’t dispute your account of what goes on. I don’t know and I’m willing to take your word for it. But you know, decomposing hogs and such, while undeniably bad, still don’t equal terrorism, mass murder, etc. Not even close.

Zev Steinhardt

Look Zev, you start a pit thread about an unfair comparison and then admit that you know nothing about one side of the comparison. So then, on what grounds do you bring this here? Your argument is out of ignorance and assumption. Like I said, come see the devastation here first hand. Come wallow in some pig shit. Come drink, wash and bath in the water of rural eastern NC. Come meet the people of Cedar Island, Harkers Island, and Atlanitic. See how a way of life has been destroyed. Come see fishermen with festering sores and infections on their bodies. Come have some oysters in a local restaraunt that have to be brought in from Texas because ours are now poisonous. Go ask the people of Maryland and Chesapeake Bay what the cost and human toll of this is. Come grab a handful of toxic, bacteria infested muck from the bottom of what was once one of the most productive inland fisheries known. Come sit in on a session of the NC house and see how corporate influence dictates over the poor population of Down East NC. Come watch a hog operation spray a few million gallons of raw hog shit into MY water supply. If Osama was poisoning my water with hog shit I’d bet your position would change.

Sweet Willy,

It’s true that I don’t know the extent to which the situation is down there in NC. However, there is practically no way it can be worse than what happened on September 11 in New York City, Washington D.C. and western Pennsylvania.

Again, I’ll agree with you (for the sake of argument) that the hog farmers are not saints. I still don’t think you can say that they are as bad as OBL and his gang.

But, if we must agree to disagree on the subject, so be it.

Now, I’m still waiting for you to retract and apologize for that crack about my feelings and Arabs and Muslims.

Zev Steinhardt

Ever since you showed up, Sweet, I think we all know what that’s like.