Otzi the Gay Caveman

No, those are the chinless chaps.

Moderator Note

Let’s not make jokes about gay stereotypes in this forum, please.

As near as I can tell from the article, the picture is from an older reconstruction no longer thought to be accurate.

THANK YOU! It’s like saying “toeless sandals”, or “sleeveless tank top”. Fingernails on a chalkboard. (Which can either be green or black, unless it’s a blackboard, duh.)

Just you watch. I’m going to invent the first assful chap and turn the world of fashion on its goddamn head.

Is that how you wear them?

A thought about the precise dating of the body.

Wooden artifacts can often be dated to an exact year through Dendrochronology. Study of that yew axe handle might give a precise date.

I remember during the first push to metric in the US there was a tendency to be over precise. For example, the distance on a baseball park wall might read “379’ (115.59 m)”. But of course the foot measurement was never that precise to begin with. I think this led to people thinking that the metric system was too complicated for them.

I see this a lot in the news. A ballpark figure (no pun intended) in one measurement is converted to an overly precise figure. For example, “Experts estimate its value as one million Euros (1.08 million dollars)”. It drives me nuts.

Particularly since the number in parens can be different tomorrow!