oven door open sideways - less clearance required

I’m repeating some of my above responses [with modifications] in the hope of bringing this thread back on track:

Aseymo (and D.Marie), No, I like the idea of a 30" freestanding gas range.

Kiffa (and D.Marie) you took the words out of my mouth, because I just recently saw at Sears a Kenmore steel deluxe oven (over $2000!) just like Kiffa described. With the left third of the oven designated as a separate oven with a SIDE-OPENING door… SO… I take back what I said to Water about rubberizing the door for protection against getting burned (since that Kenmore deluxe’s side-hinged door was NOT rubberized, so apparently there isn’t danger of getting burned.)

BTW, I COMPLETELY agree with you that manufacturers need to be more in touch with their users for consumer-friendly appliances.

Stuy, I thought of what you said too (except in my case, I was thinking of a ledge to rest the pans on.) Maybe as you open the door, a NARROW ledge can slide out or pop down? But, in any case, this topic is re: providing a solution for cramped areas. I guess you can’t always have your cake & eat it too, huh?