Owah Tagu Siam?

I had to Google it. Actually, ‘weTODdid’ does not sound much like ‘retarded’ at all. At least not in British pronunciation.

Owah Tajer Kiam

Telephone call for Mike Hunt. Is Mike Hunt here? Can anyone see Mike Hunt?

Out in the parking lot…

It sounds like how a little kid might say retarded.

At one point in Peter David’s run on (the comic book) Captain Marvel, Rick Jones convinced Marv to use “Owah Tagoo Siam” as his catchphrase, similar to “Avengers Assemble”, “Flame On”, or “It’s Clobberin Time”. It took Marv a few issues to figure it out, and I’ll admit, I didn’t get it for a while either.

The OP’s chant is a genuine classic. My grandmother (born in 1895) said she learned it as a kid (after tricking us with it first, of course).

Seriously, you never went to Girl Scout camp? (And is there any other milieu where “what a goose!” isn’t outdated by, say, centuries?)

On the old Dick Van Dyke show, Morey Amsterdam did a bit like that with, “I gotta know, slykaban, Anna.”

Hey Kimstu…

I one the sandbox!

Is it possible this refers to a Buddhist mantra said before meditating: “My mind can move the world”?

Speaking of Buddhists, a Buddhist went into a pizzeria and said ‘Make me one with everything.’

He paid with a fifty and asked for his change. The cashier said, ‘Change comes from within.’

Oooh, I know this one. This is where I’m supposed to say “I two the sandbox”, and so on until I inadvertently confess to eating the sandbox.

However, smartass kids who are wise to this game will respond instead “Well good for you! Did you win it in a contest or on a bet?” :smiley:

“Oh what a goose I am”

Yeah, they got it in 2009.

Moderator Note

We prefer that old threads be raised only to post new factual information. Since this does not, I’m closing it.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator