Pakistanis are closer to Middle Easterners than to South Asians

Besides which, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you note how you think Pakistanis are oh so different from Indians, so you wouldn’t be arguing with him too hard anyway, would you?
:slight_smile:

I don’t often see Indians go on about how different we are from Pakistanis (or how different they are from us), but your statement is somewhat rich in irony. Artificial nationalist separatism on the part of many (at the time) Indian Muslims is what gave birth to the separate nation of Pakistan (and to this day motivates calls for Kashmiri independence). I would like for someone to call that inexcusably dismissive and exclusionary towards Indian Hindus.

And while I’m not defending the OP in any other way, I should note that the only thing common between his caricature of Pakistanis and Indian Muslims would be the Urdu script, so he isn’t quite as exclusionary as you’re making him out to be.

Where the OP’s rambling touches upon an uncomfortable truth is that Pakistan has consciously attempted to adopta more Arabic culture to distance itself from its Indian roots.

This goes beyond “promoting an agenda.”

From the Registration agreement:

Civilrighte, until such time as some other poster decides to make an issue of whether Indians or Pakistanis are or are not too much alike, you will refrain from posting on this topic any more and you will start no ore threads on the topic.

[ /Moderating ]