Parents of teenage girls

[quote=“zoid, post:14, topic:628655”]

Drop her off in downtown Austin with $1000 cash and tell her “meet me back here in exacty 48 hours and NEVER breath a WORD of this to your father”.

Not to mention that you will become “like” her fave relative EVER! :smiley:

I’m going to take my teens to ‘Murder By Chocolate’, a murder mystery dinner theater tonight. Diner can participate on the playboy they like.

Stupid autofill. I hate typing on my phone.

The play was fun. The food was OK- had better, had worse. Dessert was good. It’s BYOB. The play depends on members of the audience to participate. They need about 6 folks to take on a role, and provide the costume and a script. The room holds about 60.

The physical building was awesome- it’s set up like a “Clue” game with a hidden entrance, and they have a coffee shop open between shows. They have almost every kind of board game you could want to play, so you can just bring friends, have coffee, and hang out if you would like.

You also have the brand new Pleasure Pier in Galveston. They just opened a Bubba Gump shrimp there. But the pier looks like a nice amusement park.

“Sorry”? He’s her uncle, why can’t he drink around her? I saw my relatives drink all the freaking time growing up and never thought anything of it. Hell, my grandparents had a kegerator.

Talk to your brother and get this squared away, if you’re not a woman.

My son’s boy scout troop had a ski trip where family could come. As a leader I came, my son and daughter came, but mom hates snow, cold, and skiiing, and stayed home.

At the church, while loading up gear and getting everyone packed for the wagon train north, Aunt Flo stopped by to visit my daughter. First. Time. Ever. I had 40 people to deal with, 8 vehicles, I’m pulling the equipment trailer, and this.
Of course, she’s on the phone with mom, still wants to go skiiing, but has to solve this.

We ended up with mom racing home for supplies, and writing instructions.
We all saddled up, and headed for the open road, which just happened to take us by our neighborhood. Mom stood by the side of the road, and we slowed just enough for her to throw a bag through the window, and we were off.
With some moms who came along, it all went off without a hitch.

Sorry for the tangent, but uncles shouldn’t have to deal with this!*

*No, not because periods are gross or “women’s work” or anything sexist.
It’s incredibly embarassing and personal for any little girl to deal with, and uncles and dads aren’t even on the list of people they want to talk to about it. Using the phrase “perfectly natural” somehow makes it worse. Much worse.

lol to me the question is what do you want to give/show/share with her and on the other hand , what are her interests… I think it’s a good sign she is travelling on her own :slight_smile:

find a compromise in between? Good luck :smiley:

A few rules:

1. No staying the night with a boyfriend.
  2. No staying the night with a boyfriend.
  3. No staying the night with a boyfriend.
  4. I forget rule #4, I think it was something related to boyfriends though.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been away from computers for a few days.

That’s a good idea to suggest some possibilities to her before she gets here. I am fairly familiar with stuff to do around southeast Texas - the unfamiliarity is with 15 year old girls.

As regards the alcohol: her father doesn’t drink and I don’t drink although I do have a pretty full bar kept for guests. Her mother does partake of “things” and I don’t know what exposure my niece has had, so it’s probably a good thing that’s been brought to mind. I’ll consult with my brother. I don’t want to have to lock the bar up, but I do have a game cam.