Particularly awesome time in your life

high five

And best of all… There’s still about half the year left to go!

In the immortal words of Jesus Jones:

Right here, right now, there is no other place I want to be

My life has never been better than it is today. Every year gets better. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Yeah, there have been some down times, but on a whole, I’m happy with life, and there’s not many people who can say that.

I, too, had a wonderful experience at summer camp. It was nerd camp and it was my first taste of feeling anything close to attractive or even popular. Granted, they were all fellow nerds, but it was a far cry from the social pecking order in my junior high school.

First year or so of grad school was awesome. All these new friends, really stimulating conversations about our field, even more stimulating conversations about things outside our field, etc. I had a really great cohort of fellow students–sharp, funny, likeable-- and we got aong great. We all had reasonable amounts of stipend money, and developed a fun social life, cooking dinner for each other, hitting the bars, attending sporting events, etc. It was an adustment going from a responsible worklife to being know-nothing serf expected to worship and grovel at the altar of faculty greatness, but everything else made up for it. It was a great time in my life, intellectually and socially.