Paul Verhoeven's Jesus Bio

Jesus’s father was an 80s metal band??? :o

No, it means that 80s metal bands are more cultured than you expected.

The immaculate conception was the conception of Mary and it involved sex.

Just like the virgin birth, it is total bullshit, but different bullshit.

My idea is more entertaining. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if every woman impregnated by Pantera bore a kid with magical powers, you can expect the world to become a very interesting place in the next couple of years. Assuming they start doing anything around age 30.

It’s because it’s Verhoeven that I am excited.

Agreed. But I wish they could have worked in the bit where Brian meets the psychopath; and his “Forced sex, I say!” sermon; and the rant by Otto, leader of the Judean People’s Front.

Of course, if the women have to be virgins beforehand, I’d say we don’t have much to worry about. :smiley:

Wow, I’ll be damned (no pun intended). It’s more than a little embarrassing that I didn’t know that. If it helps, I’ve never been to a Catholic Church service.

The conception I meant, was Jesus. Technically though, if there was no sex, it could kind of be immaculate too, couldn’t it?

BrainGlutton: figures Monty Python had thought of it first. Funny stuff though, I should look for that.

If he goes all Basic Instinct/Starship Troopers, I suppose that’d be pretty funny. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a Michael Bay version.

Did elucidator get banned?

Well, anybody who saw Starship Troopers knows that Verhoeven has a knack for desecration and blasphemy.

That’s putting it mildly.