People shouting "Kill Obama!" at McCain/Palin rallies: where's the Secret Service?

I stand corrected and am left to wonder why full reporting on an event by credentialed (and therefore, I presume, vetted) Hearst-ites was restricted in the name of “crowd control.”

I’m not saying reporters should be allowed to wander around backstage or to walk up to the dais will-nilly but, otherwise, why the restrictions? Would have been cool if someone like that had been in a position to see – and record/photograph – the vile transgressors.

They made “Kill Bush” products for sale, without charges:

http://michellemalkin.com/2005/04/12/unhinged-liberal-products-for-sale/
*Like this “Kill Bush” magnet depicting the president holding a gun to his head with the caption “End Terrorism Now:”

Or this bright yellow “Kill Bush” t-shirt splattered with blood:

Or this handy “Kill Bush” messenger bag with a macho pic of John Kerry:

And before the “everybody does it” apologists pooh-pooh this lunatic anti-Bush merchandise: There’s tasteless political paraphernalia on both sides of the aisle, but I’ve already searched and there are currently no “Kill Kerry” products, blood-spattered or otherwise, being sold at Cafe Press.

“Oh, but it’s all in good fun,” the libs will shrug. Yeah, just like the Guardian’s call last fall for someone to kill Bush. Just like the wave of campus attacks on conservatives. Just like the vicious anti-troops, anti-Bush slogans: “We Support Our Troops, When They Shoot their Officers” and “Bush is the disease. Death is the cure.”*

Therwe was even a “Kill Bush!” Game.

Shouting “Kill Obama” or “Kill Bush” is only idiocy, and thus protected by free speech.

Surely, anyone questioned for shouting, “Kill (whoever)” would simply say that they mean kill him in the election, right? Just like a football fan shouting for his team’s defense to “kill the QB” would. Right?

Here is a link to video footage of a McCain/Palin rally. At around the 12 second mark you can clearly hear a particularly demented audience member roar “KILL HIM” when McCain mentions Obama’s name.

Maybe agent Slavoski was at a different rally, but there’s no doubt people have been crudely inciting violence against Obama at McCain/Palin events.

I thought I remembered that from the previous election. While I think it’s silly and stupid for folks to be shouting death threats against Obama, I have to say, that a lot of the invective I’ve seen hurled against Obama is no more over the top than folk on this very message board have hurled at GW…though, admittedly, I’m more in sympathy of blasting out invective against Bush than Obama. Still, while the trusty rusty irony meter hasn’t exploded, it’s still measuring a noticable spike in threads like this one…

-XT