Peter Sellers' THE PARTY

We were flicking through the channels one lazy Sunday, and came across The Party. We watched about 5 seconds of it, and were totally hooked. I can’t see a birdcage now without saying “Birdie num-nums”. I had never heard of this movie; it’s now on my “Regret List” - I regret that I’ll never be able to see it for the first time again. Oh yeah, the drunk waiter - I thought I was going to pee my pants laughing when he kept wading through the water instead of using the pathway.

I loved the birdie num nums scene. Another good scene was the one where he stuck his whole hand into some caviar, wiped it off and then shook hands with people. The man was the king of comedy!

This was Peter Sellers at his peak. My favorite sequence is when he loses his shoe, rolls up his invite to cover his foot, and his attempts to retrieve the shoe. Also, when they are eating dinner, and the head waiter is strangling the drunk waiter, as seen through the swinging doors. It keeps better every time I see it. Also, how about that groovy music? I finally tracked down a Mancini album with exerpts from The Party; I play it at all our get togethers, and absolutely EVERYONE breaks up! Don’t know why more people haven’t heard of it, though.

It’s “What’s New Pussycat”. Also very funny.

do-oh! indeed it is. whats up pussycat is the 90s remake starring puffy combs, with snoop doggy dog as woody allen.