Phil Collins is retiring from music.

I’ll assume wag means “brilliant mind.”

Well, the story is changing. :smiley:

I’m not holding my breath for a new tour anytime soon. Phil sounds like he’s pretty burned out right now. Maybe, if the surgery relieves his pain then he could consider doing more music. I hope he doesn’t touch the drums again. His hands are just too messed up.

He’s had a great career and made a fortune. He doesn’t need to continue with music unless he really wants too.

Seems I was right. The quote in the linked article really didn’t sound like the Phil Collins I have seen live many times and in numerous interviews.

Originally Posted by Nightfall1
I have NEVER… in my WHOLE life met ANYONE who cares what music critics say about music. I’m not kidding. You either like the music or you don’t.

C’mon, tons of people care. We have a rock critic with a regular column in our weekly alternative newsrag who’s constantly generating outraged letters to the editor over his trashing of various people’s favorite acts.
Ok, you’re right about that. Even I get mad when I read a critic that dislikes something I like. I meant to say that I don’t let what a critic says about some music affect what I think about it. Sometimes I use a broad brush. :slight_smile: