Physics and Chemistry: Are they one and the same?

A quick review of my copy does not reveal a passage describing a relationship between physics and chemistry

Cool! Nametag, What’s your view on the effects of EM radiation from mobile phones, mains wiring etc? Also being exposed to different types of ionised air. These things have interested me for years, but the research is difficult, obscure, and hugely political and controversial.

Ah, the delicious irony!

I’m not sure if those are all strictly true. I know many biologists who can’t do math to save their collective life. What needs to be passed along tends to fade out by the next level.

To do chemistry requires knowledge of quantum physics, at least superficially. The thing is, they can get by with calculations. Physicists need the math results that make quantum systems work, but chemists only need the physical results that make chemistry work.

Similarly, while cellular biology may be a lot of chemistry, there’s no need at that scale to consider quantum effects (as far as I’ve ever heard), so they can get by with the chemistry rules derived from the quantum rules, but don’t need the quantum rules themselves.

I think I remember it from listening to Six Easy Pieces (from audible.com). I don’t remember the exact quote, though, as it’s been a few months.