Place names as first names

Well, then: Chad Lowe?

I know a couple who named their daughter Cayman for this reason.

The parents were gettin’ it on while riding a small alligator? :zany_face:

No, just the islands. I told them I was glad they didn’t take their honeymoon in Moosejaw. :zany_face:

I’m reminded of a tasteless stereotype joke about Native American Indians and their supposed custom of naming children for the first thing Mom sees upon exiting the birthing tent.

I briefly worked with a guy named Yuma. He had a habit of pushing his dust mask up on top of his head…it became a “Yuma-lka.”

Lindsay as a first name and surname derives from the city of Lincoln in the UK.

There’s a children’s book by Catherine Woolley called Ginnie and Geneva. (I recall several sequels about these two girls.)

I met a girl named Montserrat. Her nickname was Montse. (Pronounced “Montsee”.)

That reminds me. Geneva Bosques is the spokesperson for the city of Fremont, California, and previously she was the spokesperson for the Fremont Police Department. So she is regularly in the local news.

I had an aunt named Geneva. She went by Neese.

I had two students, sisters, named Brooklyn and Charlotte. Couldn’t have been named for cities where they were conceived, since they are twins.

Winona Ryder was born near Winona County, MN.