Plane hits office building in Alaska

Well said.

I’m not real sure how we got off onto winds. I think the point was somebody asserting the winds were enough that a typical pleasure or training jaunt would be postponed, so the pilot had to have other motivations.

I agree that winds almost certainly had zero to do with why/how the airplane ended up impaled in a building. For that we need to look at the pilot and aircraft, but most likely the pilot.

They said the flight wasn’t authorized; whether that means he’s not a pilot, not checked out in that plane, or just you’re not supposed to take CAP planes up for joy rides wasn’t clarified. However, if you’re sneaking a flight, you don’t necessarily get to choose the best conditions.

As for the winds, I’m thinking they were why his wing hit the building & not the whole plane. In other words, he was blown off from putting the propeller right into the wife’s office chair. Nothing to substantiate that, just a guess.

His wife now says that an ambulance call to their house the night before was because he was suicidal. So this is looking like suicide by plane.