Political correctness

Stephen Jay Gould–although he does not actually say it–possibly implies that “political correctness” does not really exist and is just a myth created by the radical right. What he actually said is open to interpretation, but that was the way I interpreted it.

Kinda hijack, but what about “african-americans”, why african, aren’t they as american as you? Isn’t it a discriminatory term meaning they’re less american than the white folk?
Why the hell can’t one use another man’s collor of skin to say that a man actually has the said color?
Isn’t “african-american” an offensive term for the africans that happen to have white skin, “african-american” sugests that all africans have the same color of skin, wich ain’t true.
And what if a nigerian whose skin is black visits the US, what is he, an “afro-african”?

PC is bullshit.

Nah, then the gay contingent would be up in arms about the homophobic meanings hidden therein…

It seems to have escaped these particular Scotspersons that the assumption “firemaster implies male” is sexist. Not to mention… if your house is on fire, which kind of fire-putting-out-person would you prefer, the aggressive one or the pansy?

My suggestion-flame controllers.

How about Anti-combustion Action Team?

I propose “The Loyal Opposition”

The Arsonist formerly known as firemaster

How about The Firedance Troupe?