Poll: For what crime(s) would you turn in a loved one?

Fair point. For “murder” perhaps you should read the question to suggest that you know of a single murder committed by your loved one; and for “serial murder” that you know of two or more.

Aren’t you getting kinda personal here? And the poster who asked me for my home address? Stick to “just asking questions”.

I don’t care who someone kills, or attempts to kill, they are going down - here is the thing, all those who think they have the right to make a decision to report someone should consider that whatever you might know about a criminal, you only know the tip of the iceberg.

That violent spouse abuser, or that embezzler is likely to have a string of other crimes that are undetected - the police need every legal tool they can get, who knows, that small time dealer might also be a murderer, child molester of anything at all, every criminal has a criminal past that needs to be resolved

Given that I work with criminals every day, I know this to be a fact

So, apart from the non-felonies - everything else is fair game.

-For me it probably depends a lot on which specific loved one and which specific “crime”.
-You might totally get a pass on murder or burglary depending on the circumstances.
-I think I’d be more pissed about them stealing cheap stuff over very expensive stuff.
-For DUI are we talking plastered or .08% BAC? I might if it were a recurring theme, otherwise no.

I voted none of the above. No matter what my loved ones do, I’m not calling the cops.

On the other hand, if I knew for sure that one of my loved ones was raping and/or killing children, an accident would happen. I would give them a quick, clean death at least.

You wouldn’t be able to turn them to law enforcement, but you’d be able to kill them yourself???

And vigilante justice isn’t a good thing.

I doubt you would anyway, that’s the kind of things people say they would do, but never do in reality.

As for myself, regarding the OP, that’s the kind of situation where you never know how you would react if you were facing it. Would you run into the burning house to rescue the child? Would you take up arms to fight tyranny? Would you turn in your son upon discovering he’s a serial rapist? I won’t take answers to this kind of questions at face value if you haven’t actually been in that situation.

Also, I think that people who answered “my loved ones are good people and would never do such a thing” are cheating.