POLL- Is it OK to dress as Hitler for Halloween?

So long as it is “slutty Hitler”.

Who is the guy in the track suit and blond wig in that video supposed to be? I don’t get the reference.

Jimmy Savile.

Yep, I like that.

The world we live in …

So, you were the only one there to pick a costume to spread hate.
I suppose that’s a win for irony and why we shouldn’t be so fast to judge the Hitler costume.

Even that, to me, rates a “it depends”. I attended a Halloween party themed on bad zombie horror movies and someone did a Shock Waves costume. It’s not something I would want to see going door to door but in that setting it fit.

Well . . . maybe a Chevy.

I’ve reconsidered. I wouldn’t dress as Hitler because of this abomination I saw at the store the other day.

Who would make something evil and vile like this? The guy on the label of course.

Link safe for work.

Todd my ass.

Meh. Just hold a sign saying “I’m desperate for attention.”

I don’t celebrate Halloween, but I don’t think that a Hitler costume is inherently bad, it all depends on context. If you’re going ToTing around the neighborhood it’s poor taste at best, because you really don’t know who the audience is. If you’re going to a costume party, particularly if you either control or know who the audience is, then it can be just fine, possibly even really clever. Sure, there’s some obvious versions, like a zombie or devil version, or a post suicide version. Maybe a straight up Hitler costume works well in combination with another costume a friend or girlfriend or group of friends is doing.

Personally, I seriously doubt I’d ever do it, even if I thought I had a good idea, partially because I don’t think I even remotely look like him, but because I don’t have a desire to associate myself with him. But if I saw someone dressed as him, unless I thought it was pretty clear they were doing it to be deliberately offensive or as a support of his views, especially if they had some clever twist or it was particularly convincing, I’d probably think it was bold.

Jesus, people. Dress like whatever you want. It’s a costume, that’s the point.

Maybe if you soften his image a bit, like if little Hitler is playing a pipe and leading other children from house to house.

Into a gas chamber.

I’m not religious, but I am spiritual, hence I celebrate Halloween.

Seriously?

Reported. Shame on vezlay.

The more spiritual among us dress up for Halloween as mock cows.