Pop gods

Just thought of another one. Marshall Crenshaw, who is very much a great performer, writer and producer, although perhaps not a household name.

Neil Finn of Crowded House writes, sings, plays guitar and keyboards. Not sure he does much production though.

TCMF-2L

I didn’t know that. I’ll check it out.

Laura Nyro I think qualifies - certainly a great singer, songwriter, and musician; also co-produced several of her albums

Nice! I knew about one guy being behind the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and Katy Perry, but this man was behind practically everything else!

I came in to say Pepsi and Shasta

Britney Spears?

At their peak, Fleetwood Mac was certainly in this pantheon.

Justin Timberlake. I don’t know if he plays any instruments but he sings, dances, produces and acts / does comedy. So, not exactly fitting the OP’s criteria but he’s pretty darn close to being the whole enchilada.

Madonna

:smack: Should have been the first thing that came to mind. In that vein, I’ll go ahead and add Taylor Swift.

Good one. JT’s definitely on the list. Madge qualifies too in my book. Jeff Lynne, ABBA, McCartney, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, MJ and Prince. So far, to me, these are some of the gods I’m looking for. I’d also add Marvin Gaye.

No one’s mentioned Carole King yet.

Post 6

Usher and Beyoncé.