Potter 7 Final Predictions Contest

The last horcrux is Gryffindor’s Tanished Tiara, which, in his haste to ditch Snape’s spellbook, Harry failed to identify in the Room of Requirement.

We will find out how much Mrs. Dursley knows about the wizarding world.
As Harry’s only remaining blood-relative Mrs. Dursley will be involved at least peripherally in protecting him in his confrontation with Voldemort.
Neville will kill Bellatrix Lestrange and will also be part of the final confrontation with Voldemort.
Draco Malfoy will somehow redeem himself.
Percy Weasley will be somehow working on Voldemort’s behalf, either deliberately or because he was tricked into it.
RAB is Regulus Black and we will get the backstory on what caused him to turn against Voldemort.
Mr. Weasley will end up as the Minister of Magic.

Seriously, though, I think we will find out that Dumbledore was aware that he would die and therefore set up the events of the evening for a purpose. Given how everything fell into place for Harry when he used felix felices earlier, we must assume that when Ron, Ginny, and Hermione shared the rest of the vial, the events around them, however perplexing from our present perspective, were indeed lucky.

1. Snape is evil!! (mostly I say this since everyone thinks he’s good).
  2. The Holy Trio is alive and well at the end of book 7.
  3. No one marries anyone, but Ron and Hermione are going steady, Harry Ginny are thinking about it.
  4. Snape, all the Malfoys, Nevill taking out Bellatrix, Flur and Bill, Charles, Percy (non-redemptivly), Madeye, Wormtail (by Voldemort’s hand) Hagrid, lots of house-elves, some goblins, and of course Voldemort all die.
  5. Harry and company end up fighting inside Gringots.
  6. Dumbledore is really most sincerely dead, and not talking thru candy wrappers.
  7. Harry is not DADA teacher this term.
  8. McGonagal is good and DADA this term.

How can you stand the strain? “Must not . . . use . . . boxcutter!”
[ol]
[li]Harry lives, losing Voldy-derived powers, becomes DADA teacher.[/li][li]Voldemort is really most sincerely dead. I can’t figure if Harry or Neville does the deed.[/li][li]At least one Weasley dies (I’m hoping Percy)[/li][li]Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ginny.[/li][li]Aunt Petunia plays a part in the end, most unwillingly.[/li][li]I lke the Grawp dies and Hagrid goes berserker idea[/li][li]The school unites, Slytherins and all.[/li][li]Lucius dies, Draco lives but he’s much chastened by his mother.[/li][/ol]

Okay, so I formulated this one after reading book 6, though now I’m starting to second-guess myself. Still:

Voldemort made Dumbledore into a horcrux, because he knows the people who want Voldemort dead the most will also do the most to protect Dumbledore. Dumbledore discovered this, and that is why he asked Snape to kill him. That is how Snape is actually a good guy.

It’s possible that Harry will destroy all the remaining horcruxes an not know about Dumbledore, and be forced to face Voldemort when he thinks he’s still one short. He won’t understand the full import of Dumbledore’s sacrifice until his final battle.

Voldy dies - Snape, Peter Pettigrew and Percy all die redemptive deaths; Hagrid dies protecting Harry or Grawp; Lucius and Bellatrix die, the latter at Neville’s hand; Luna and Neville get together and Neville becomes a healer at St Mungos.

Harry and Ginny stay together and Harry finds the family he’s always longed for at the Burrow, while becoming the new DADA teacher and head of Gryffindor at Hogwarts.

Ron becomes a world-famous Quidditch player (beating Viktor Krum in the process). Hermione becomes Minister of Magic (eventually) and fights for the rights of house-elves and centaurs.

Didn’t read the rest of the thread, but here goes:

Draco will come over to the Phoenix side
AD’s phoenix will become a companion of sorts to Harry- or will come when asked for and needed.

Dobby and Winky will defeat Kreacher with house-elf magic.

None of the big 6 will die (Neville, Luna, Ginny etc). Hagrid will die. Snape will die.

AD’s portrait will be able to give advice to Harry, but that advice will come either too late or after the fact.

Snape and Harry will have a showdown and Snape’s reason for AD’s trust will be revealed, much to Snape’s chagrin.

Voldemort will “lose”-that is, die, only to have his place taken by another Deatheater. (it’s too much to have Harry vanquish all evil–as AD says, it is always there and must be fought).

Can’t think of anymore–oh, Molly Weasley will die and that will cause Percy to straighten up and help the Phoenix.

Whatever happens in the novel, Rowling moves up several dozen places in the Forbes Billionaires list.

Snape dead, but ultimately good.

Hagrid dead.

Voldemort dead.

Neville dies successfully avenging his parents.

Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all live.

McGonnagle is good, and succeeds Dumbledore.

As to the purported Epilogue, beats me. It will reveal what happens in the future though.

Harry realises he loves Hermione, and Hermione finally realises she’s way to good for Ron and loves Harry back.

This isn’t the first case of Ron-hate I’ve come across. Some people think Ron is a little twerp who uses Harry. Where the heck do people get this?

My predictions (I haven’t read any other posts yet, so it’ll be interesting to see how much I think like others).[ol]
[] The final horcrux is Harry’s scar. The removal of it (via some magic-babble process) will also remove Harry’s ability to do magic. He’ll become a squib Defense Against Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts. [] Someone with high emotional impact to the trio and the readers will be killed early in the book. I expect it’ll be one of a) any Weasley, b) Neville, c) Prof McGonagall, d) Tonks. [] Neville will die a heroic death, curing his parents, saving Harry and friends, and destroying one horcrux. [] Snapes will die a heroic death, saving Harry and friends, destroying a horcrux, and redeeming himself. [] Draco will come to realize (with influence from his mother and Snapes heroism) that Voldemort is not good for his family and other purebloods. He’ll reluctantly help Harry and friends in return for their help in saving Lucius. [] Harry will secretly communicate with Dumbledore via paintings. The paintings will act as spies for Harry and friends, since no one else will realize their active power. Dumbledore will also give help via Fawkes. But he’s dead and will stay dead (maybe a temporary revival, a la Dragonslayer). Romances between Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione will blossom. Expect the typical arguments over tactics and risk-taking. They’ll make clear their eternal love and plans to get married, but weddings will take place after the end of the book. [/ol]

1. Harry lives.
  2. Ron or Hermione will die. I’m leaning towards Ron.
  3. Snape is good, and sacrifices himself to save someone else.
  4. Sirius is still dead.
  5. Dumbledore is still dead.
  6. One or more of the non-Ron Weasleys die (parents included).

I really don’t think JKR would have any problems killing of one of the trio. Seriously.

–FCOD

I like the idea of Hermione eventually becoming minister of magic, and fighting for non-human rights. It seems appropriate.

Yeah, keep all the Joanie Loves Chachi spin-offs to bad fanfic.

“Gee” said Harry. “I’d rather face another Hungarian Horntail than ask Ginny to marry me.”

Harry will learn a useful bit of information from someone who could have bloody well told him earlier but didn’t because they wanted to “protect” him.

If I have one complaint about the entire series it is this.

I love the books, but this habit of Rowling’s of having people know more than they say even when saying would be so damned obvious to any sentient person is infuriating.

1. Neville does NOT kill Bellatrix. He incapacitates her and makes sure she is captured and punished. But, in the end, he does not have it in his heart to murder. If she dies, it will be someone else who does the killing.

2. Harry either loses his powers or they are reduced considerably. (I believe much of Harry’s power comes from Voldy and when he is defeated Harry will lose his extra boost. He may regain his powers through practice and hard work, but he will never be as powerful as he is right now).

3. Snape is good (well, he is not on Voldemort’s side).

4. Neville’s parents are cured.

5. Hermione will work for the Ministry in some sort of ambassador role to soothe the tensions between the humans and the centaurs/house elves/giants, etc.

ETA: I am not a shipper. But the Weasleys are such an obvious substitute family for Harry that I think the Harry/Ginny thing is a good bet.

Missed the edit window…

Even if Harry loses his powers he will not be chucked back into the muggle world. He will be happily ever after in a Ministry position, perhaps assisting Arthur Weasley in the Muggle Artifacts department.