Powdered beer? Are they serious?

Can’t read well right now, did anybody mention that there is powdered alcohol.

Ha! for once discourse was not annoying and told me the link to the wiki was already posted.

When I backpack, I joke to fellow travellers on the trail that I brought along dehydrated beer. They are always curious. Then I say “some people also refer to it as Whiskey.” I slay myself. :rofl:

“Dry beer” was a mass-marketed product decades before SNL existed.

“My beer is Rheingold, the dry beer.
Think of Rheingold whenever you try beer.
It’s not bitter, not sweet; it’s a dry-flavor treat;
Won’t you try Extra-Dry Rheingold Beer?”

Quoting from a 60-year old memory. I should add that Rheingold was the main beer in New York City for a long time.

Interesting. It was what seemed to be a big fad in the early 90s or maybe late 80s, and then disappeared into the ether, like the various “red” beers that were around maybe slightly later.

The Rheingold commercial jingle. A real earworm from a distant past. Strange the things that implant in your neurons and synapses.

I remember the brief Dry Beer popularity. Trouble was if you got a whole keg of it after just a few pulls on the tap it would go wet.

I am all about cutting CO2 emissions, but sorry, they lost me at ‘non-alcoholic’.

And TIL about beer caramelization, and that there’s actually a gadget designed to do exactly this.

The link was in a story in my local newspaper about how people would heat up rebar, often in a bonfire, and hold it in a container of beer for a short period of time, and that somebody determined that 1571F is the optimal temperature.