Predict the next celebrity who'll come out of the closet (and when)

Yes, because clearly the string of short-term relationships negates the fact that he was photographed caressing a young man’s bare buttocks and looking at that bare ass with the same combo of longing and lust that I reserve for Brad Pitt.

If that’s not gay, I don’t know what is.

The National Enquirer also published telephoto lens pics of Spacey making out with some younger guy in the great outdoors (I have a feeling the younger guy tipped off the Enquirer for the right price).

That’s pretty gay, yeah. Although I point out that the relationship with April Winchell was eight years. That ain’t short-term.

Have you never watched one of those Oprah episodes about all the married with children “straight” guys cruising the M4M chatrooms?

How about this about.com article.

Oh yeah, if they’re in a straight marriage and have kids it is insaaaaaaaaane to wonder about that vibe you’re getting.

Perhaps you wouldn’t be upset if we only picked ugly people you don’t like for our “wishful thinking.”

About 5 years ago I used to work at a popular (now defunct) nightclub in New York City that had a gay night. I saw him there once.

No, I don’t watch Oprah. That would be gay.

Wow, that’s amazing! You took something that I absolutely didn’t say and attempted to disprove it - using statistics that actually don’t even prove what you’re claiming (the numbers actually show there’s more statistical probability of them being heterosexual)! There’s a word for that, something about straw, but I’m totally drawing a blank.

What I am saying is why are you making the claim that a “vibe” is more proof than what the people actually say or do! How come someone saying, “I’m not gay,” has a wife and children, and has been nothing but heterosexual publically is getting trumped by, “I just get a vibe.” That is why I wonder if there’s wish fulfillment here. I didn’t know about the Vin Diesel stuff (although to my ear that doesn’t sound like he’s hinting anything, but whatever). The Kevin Spacey stuff is…compelling. I’m not getting the Clooney, DiCaprio, or Seth MacFarlane stuff at all. It’s strictly “I’ve gotta feeling,” and that’s not good enough. Not when they’re banging models and being, you know, straight.

But by all means, go ahead with the assumption that that must mean they’re gay

That’s about the same length as Alan Cumming was married to his wife, Hilary Lyon. And much longer than he’s been married to his husband, Grant Shaffer (wedding pic- don’t worry, no smooching). :cool:

PS- Celebrities whose bisexuality or homosexuality is not in dispute but who have married or been seriously involved with members of the opposite gender:
Will “Grandpa Walton” Geer (married-divorced, 3 children)

Alan Cumming

Robert “Mike Brady” Reed (married-divorced, 1 child)

Rock Hudson (studio arranged marriage, but consummated)

Cole Porter (married for 36 years to Linda Lee Thomas, by all accounts the love of his life- no children [but consummated])

Elton John (married-divorced, no children)

Malcolm Forbes (married-divorced, several children, boys on the side)

Luther Vandross (never married but frequently said to be involved with this or that woman)

Richard Chamberlain (never married but lots of studio “front” women)

Peter Allen (one of Liza’s matched set of gay husbands)

Tony Richardson (director/producer, father with Vanessa Redgrave of Natasha & Joely Richardson)

Michael Redgrave (father of Vanessa, Lynn & Corin Redgrave and grandfather of Natasha & Joely Richardson [if it is genetic then Liam Neeson may wanna hold off on buying his sons a football just yet])

Raymond Burr (married at least once and dated several starlets; faked additional marriages and even a non-existent dead son; lived with lover Robert Benevides for more than 30 years)

Liberace (had at least one official marriage engagement and dated Sonia Henie)

Dick Sargent (bka Darrin on Bewitched: went on “dates” with Fannie Flagg and [the woman who played Zelda on Dobie Gillis] to appease studio bosses [both women are lesbians])

Chad Allen (bka star of Dr. Quinn: Politically Correct Medical Squaw and as the autistic kid who imagined St. Eligius; was rumored to be involved with a couple of starlets and to live with one [which he did, as roommates] before being outed by an opportunistic date)

Many more of course, but that’s enough for the whole “married or involved ain’t neccessarily straight” thing.

Although it’s probably a long ways off (likely on his deathbed), Burt Reynolds. Something about him has always pinged my gaydar.

Ellen DeGeneres. Call me crazy, I just have a feeling.

He’s pinged a lot of people’s. His long-term relationship with “fag hag” Dinah Shore didn’t help and was rumored in tabloids to be “a boy and his beard” more than “a boy and his sugar mama”.

England seems way ahead of America in terms of actors’ sexuality not making a lot of difference. John Gielgud’s sexuality was an open secret before his arrest in the 1940s but even afterwards he played heterosexual characters frequently, Stephen Boyd made no great secret of his gayitation and was even one of the first stars to play an openly gay character in a movie but could also get heteroles*, Nigel Hawthorne played George III (a man deeply in love with his wife with whom he had 15 children) after coming out, and Ian McKellen’s lusty scenes with Annette Bening in RICHARD III (which admittedly he produced and directed) didn’t suffer from knowing he more likely wanted to hook up with Robert Downey Jr.**. However, I seriously doubt TR Knight or the quite macho Robert Gant or David Hyde Pierce will ever be cast as the hetero lead of a major studio production. (Of course otoh Rupert Everett is British, openly gay, and rarely gets offered straight characters, but then he’s not the world’s greatest actor either.)

Johnny Depp has admitted to having fooled around with guys in his stoner youth but claims he was bicurious rather than gay and that his orientation is straight. Many rumors that he was a rent-boy during his early days in Hollywood, when he admits he was living mostly in his car and willing to do pretty much anything for food and drug money and an occasional music [ahem] gig (he moved to Hollywood to be a musician rather than an actor).

*Boyd was married twice, the first time for three weeks to an Italian actress and the second time for even longer to a longtime friend he wanted to inherit his estate (though only in his 40s he knew he had a serious heart condition by the time and needed a caregiver/beneficiary).

**Lots of rumors about Downey as well. He admits to having had sex with a male friend in his youth but says he was just experimenting. He got more rumors when during his unfortunate incarceration days he asked to be transferred to a rehab center that specifically [but not exclusively] catered to LGBT patients, but soon after became engaged and remarried [picking up yet more rumors when he changed the wedding location at the last minute when a billionaire friend who was hosting it at his mansion made an insulting comment that the Downeys would not reveal] so who knows. Keep 'em guessing.

Dan Savage had a scathing column many years ago about college girls who come out - then ten years later having put their families through hell are married Target shopping, minivan driving suburban soccer moms.

As someone whose girlfriends were over 70% Lesbian or Bi in college - and now twenty years later we are all minivan driving, Target shopping ‘straight’ suburban (sometimes urban) wives (and usually mothers) - I can see a lot of truth to that.

I hope Lohan spends her life partnered with people who are meaningful to her - male or female. But it would not shock me if twenty years from now that meaningful person is male.

I think Robbie Williams already claimed to be gay some years ago, and most of the media just shrugged it off as a publicity stunt.

Tom Cruise, but he will be forced out…not sure when.

Tom Cruise is nuts, and missed his opportunity to come out gracefully years ago. John Travolta has maintained his dignity, and could do it, I think. But, he’d have to turn away from Scientology to do it, which might be dangerous, depending on what you believe about Scientology.

A minor point, and not critical to the discussion at hand but . . .

Cole Porter and Linda Thomas had a marriage of convenience that was by all accounts not consummated. The “love of his live” nonsense was written for the film only.

I love this, this is almost exactly how I used to refer to this show to myself (the wife was fond of it back in the day).

Re: Burt Reynolds, I distinctly remember thinking he seemed a little TOO friendly with the far-from-butch Dom DeLuise back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but for two guys who were supposed to be nothing more than good heterosexual pals I remember some of their interactions on talk shows and TV specials or whatever made me go :dubious:.

I mean, get a room already guys.

It would not shock me if six months from now that meaningful person is male :).

I’ve long suspected that Teller (the magician) is gay. No smoking gun but just certain things that have been said or not said.

If it’s a secret, it’s an open one – yes, he’s gay.