Prison Rape

Because the OP did not stipulate that for the purposes of this thread we are to assume that the figures given are correct, questioning those figures is certainly within reason.

Uh, what?

If you want to follow along with code_grey’s views on race and prison conditions, you check this thread.

I think that it would be the opposite, actually. I mean lets say you’re in prison, and you’re raped by a guard. Who are you going to report him to? The other guards, who are his friends and coworkers? And lets not forget that this person could make your life extremely difficult without all that much trouble. I think if it was an inmate, at least it’s just another guy. If it’s a guard, he has real power over you.

Your claim is not just false, it is patently absurd. American blacks are 12% of American population, not of American prison population. Haven’t you heard about disproportionate incarceration of blacks by the racist justice system? :smiley:

Quoth Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia

You gotta have some basic decency, man. Proving your libtard credentials isn’t everything, it helps to at least try passing the smell test in your claims.

Training is the problem. The Catholic Church mentions this a lot, more donations and they’ll have the funds to teach men not to molest boys.

blacks comprise around 15% of UK prison population, although population-wise they are heavily overrepresented. Quoth More black people jailed in England and Wales proportionally than in US | Prisons and probation | The Guardian

Overrepresentation should not be surprising since the immigration there is fairly recent and may have attracted some of the worst dregs of society looking for easy criminal pickings and for welfare state assistance. Then again, Jamaica is no paradise either in terms of crime.

In any event, so what? 15% is not that much in absolute terms, certainly less than American 40%. And lest we forget, black people from the Carribean were less affected by homosexual propaganda. Jamaica, believe it or not, is “the most homophobic place on earth”. That’s not to say that allegedly “homophobic” people were never known to commit prison rape, but fundamentally this is a matter of statistics. People who come from cultures that hate sodomy are less likely to engage in it, all else being equal.

This is not The BBQ Pit. Do not post insults in this forum.

[ /Moderating ]

And here I thought it was hard to smell through a hood.

Great response to someone pointing out your made up numbers. When all else fails…

I didn’t make up the numbers. I did read the wrong number for the US black prison population, from the same Wikipedia page he quoted above:

. I got the UK percentage from here.

I would have apologized, but if you read all his posts in this thread I’m sure you’ll understand why I didn’t bother.

Please add evidence to support the above assertion.

Neither accusations of lying nor your other implied insult are appropriate in this forum.

Really Not All That Bright, your response that GS-E quoted was also out of line for this forum.

Knock it off.
[ /Moderating ]

Mea culpa.

Look, that’s just prison. Believe me, it’s not a common occurrence. Prisoners are not just running around raping one another. A certain percentage of those surveyed are, well let’s just say “the willing”. Out here in So Cal., a rapist or sex offender will not survive very long. Any prisoner known as a rapist will be targeted. Out here, they are kept far from the general population for their own safety. The prisoners themselves take care of any sexual deviants. Prison health care is a bigger problem than this.

It was overblown perhaps, but true enough.

That story doesn’t support the claim AK84 questioned.

No, it doesn’t. All consensual sex between guards and prisoners is classified as rape because the state presumes the balance of power prevents the “victim” from being able to legally consent. I read just a week or so ago about a female guard who was being charged with rape after having become pregnant as the result of an affair with a male prisoner.

Unless there is a specific statute which so states, I don’t think so. Where there is such an imbalance of power between the parties, it may be worth exploring whether the consent could really be said to have been free of coersion and in a case of a goaler and her prisoner trivially easy to prove; but the question is one of fact and evidence; not law.

Then I’m sure you can cite the law which sets forth that presumption?