public transit buses

Yeah - we still have streetcars here ,but if you ever have chance to go to France visit Strasbourg ,there you will see the most amazing street cars in the world.
Plus- city alone is worth seeing ( beautifull gothic cathedrall)

In SF, we’ve got some new German-made* trolley coaches that are pretty slick. If another bus is disabled, the new buses can drop their poles and move around the other bus as they’ve got on-board batteries. I’m told that the batteries will power the bus for a couple blocks on flat land. The driver doesn’t even have to get out to drop the poles - they just hit a button and they retract. They do need to get out to re-attach to the line.

And more quietly. The neighbors really appreciate buses that go “rrrrrrrrrr” up the hill as opposed to the “BWOOAAAAARRRRR” of diesel coaches.

• Apparently nobody in the US is in the electric trolley coach business. AFAIK, only Seattle and San Francisco use the things, so it probably does make sense to get them from overseas, rather than find someone willing to knock together a couple dozen as a special order.

Yes, Toronto has streetcars. The streetcar system may even be expanded.

Toronto used to have trolley-buses, but got rid of them around 1991 or so. The buses dated from the early fifties, and were at the end of their lives, even counting major rebuilds that had added twenty years to those lives. The TTC simply did not have the money to replace all of them at one go and repair the overhead wires.

While the cities around Toronto are getting new buses, Toronto still makes do with many ancient noisy rattly old diesel buses…

Oh, I should have mentioned our local buses in Santa Monica. They’re fairly modern, seemingly clean running ones that have a remarkable innovation…an electric sign inside the bus tells you what the next stop is! No more struggling to see the street signs or addresses through the windows!

(not that I don’t already know where everything is, anyway)

in my city every third or so bus is full of bilboards even on the windows ,it is so hard to see anything outside.I’m still young and my eyesight is pretty good so during the day I can see my stop,but at night I fell like riding in a submarine