Puff the Magic Dragon

The point is, you got bent out of shape for what most people here would see was an obvious joke. Or, as we say round these parts, you got whooshed, son.

Moved to Cafe Society, which didn’t exist 17 years ago when this thread was started.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

I remember reading a Clive Cussler novel in which Cussler had referred to a compressed air anti-shark weapon as “Barf the Magic Dragon.”

nm.

When I was little, Puff The Magic Dragon made me sad. My much-older sister told me there’s another verse where Puff gets a new little boy to play with and he’s happy again. If such a verse exists, I’ve never heard it. But my sister’s (presumed) lie made me feel better.

Seems legit.

Same here. That was something like 50 years ago. Wow.

To the OP, tho, I was even wanting to say that I thought that PP&M had even done a ‘revisited’ kind of song. Guess I hallucinated that.

Are you a pothead, Cooper? :smiley:

Here’s something interesting: the time this thread languished waiting for its claim that the PtMD was about the Trilateral Commission (16+ years) is almost half the time from PtMD’s original release to this thread’s OP. I swear time is accelerating.

Also, for three of those 17 years, I co-owned a restaurant in Saigon at which Peter Yarrow ate three times during his stay there. However I was traveling at the time and missed him. Dammit! (Yes, that’s actually only interesting to me.)

Sure, first you have to call in the fast movers, with some snake and nape, fire a bunch of star shells and pop open the beer.

Declan

Little Jackie Paper “moving on to other toys” means he stopped smoking so much “gateway” weed, started mainlining heroin, and eventually croaked from an OD. It’s TRUE.

Ahh, how I miss 1999. I was so much older then; I’m younger than that now.

No, it’s not true.

It is! It is!

Also, if you count up the syllables, you can calculate the date of Armageddon. Truth!

In fact, not only do I recall the upbeat ending of the Captain Kangaroo version, but I recall it so vividly that I’ve always assumed that was the original version. I mean, I know it wasn’t PP&M who sang that version, or at least I don’t think it was, but I thought that was just the way the song always went.

…you ever put your finger on the turntable and play it backwards? It’ll blow your fucking mind, man.

(When they found Jackie, he was stone blue and still had the needle hanging outta his arm.)

A dragon song with a happy ending? Who’s gonna get close enough to jerk off a dragon?

Oh, say, can you see? ‘C’ stands for ‘cocaine’… :smiley:

Bilbo jerked off Smaug pretty good…

I’ll get my coat

I hope it’s a raincoat. It’s a big dragon.

I’ve heard of zombie dragons*, but this is ridiculous.

*cite