Pulp Fiction minutiae

Butch tries to be nice to Vincent, but Vincent calls him “palooka”, which is rather insulting to a fighter, so I wouldn’t say there’s no reason.

But do we know if Scotty is his manager? We know his trainer stuck around after the fight, and was taken to the dog kennels to find out for goddamn sure what he know’s and what he don’t.

And remember, that was right after the Bonnie situation and the events at the diner, plus Jules & Paul giving him shit about taking Mia out to dinner, so Vincent was still pretty pissed off and in a bad mood.

Are you implying that Scotty was the manager Butch left behind? Seems to me Scotty is Butch’s bookie.

If I remember correctly, Mr Floyd is the boxer Butch killed in the ring.

I interpreted that differently. He seems taken aback when taxi cab lady gives him the news. He says, “Sorry about that, Floyd,” and he seems sincere. He later rationalizes it, but he does show some regret.

I’d say the dislike was instant for both guys. Each one was ready to kill the other almost immediately.

I’d say Vincent made the insulting remark because he knew Butch was being paid to throw his match. Not the smartest thing to do in this case, but Vincent is hardly the sharpest tool in the box.

Think of how good it would the golden opportunity to kill someone you hate, especially if (a) you have a short temper and (b) you know he’s come to kill you.

He’s surprised, yes. But he doesn’t really care about Floyd. He’s off to spend the night giving his girlfriend oral pleasure.

If he’s concerned about Floyd’s death, it’s probably due to the legal ramifications of having killed him in the ring.

No, I’m pointing out how the movie’s dialog makes it clear he was in on the scam to defraud Marsellus.

Oh yeah, the bookie was in on the scam fer sure. But I doubt Butch’s manager was. If he had been, he wouldn’t have hung around long enough for Marsellus to show up and have him taken to the kennel.

Did I miss something here?

The second ‘he’ is Butch or Butch’s manager?
('Cause I read it as Butch, which might be wrong!)
Aside from being a chew toy the manager isn’t really even in the film.

Yes, the manager. Seen only twice.

It wasn’t the manager who was taken to the kennels, it was the trainer. Cite

And Butch knew enough to hop out a window to a waiting cab after he double crossed Marcellus, if the trainer or manager was in on it you’d think they’d know enough to get out of the arena immediately as well.

So fast he didn’t even have time to take off his gloves,

Trainer, manager, whatever. All I know is that he was the guy who woke Butch out of his dream and told him to start getting ready.

Something we haven’t considered yet is what’s in the briefcase.

Not drugs, because they wouldn’t glow like that

Gold, maybe? Is gold self-luminescent?

Nuclear contraband? Was there ever any sign that Marsellus was working for North Korea, Iraq, or Iran?

Could it be Marsellus’s soul, which he lost and hired Brett & Co. to get back for him? Maybe they did, but reneged on the deal.

Opinions?

If it were nuclear contraband, it would have set fire to everything in sight the moment the box was opened.

Cite:

In emergency departments I see a lot of people with cuts on their head. They get sewn up, maybe bandaged. It seems a stretch to suggest more invasive operations occurred even though some describe the environment as soul sucking.

I kind of figured that, wherever they happen to be, the light always just happens to hit the gold at just the right angle for the effect in question — and by “gold” I of course mean “Elvis Presley’s Gold Lamé Suit.”

So it’s a religious artifact!

The object in the case is Trump’s solid gold toilet seat.

“It’s the most beautiful toilet seat anybody has ever seen, so shiny, so comfortable. You might also be interested in seeing my golden shower. So warm and refreshing. some say it has healing properties.”

It’s the dead space aliens from the trunk of the Chevy Malibu.