Question about chocolate (cacao, cocoa)

I’ve tested it in tightly controlled, double-blind studies.

Look for my upcoming paper in The Journal of Extremely Kinky Research.

That’s where I published my very first paper! “Diversity and intensity of antibody response to QtM antigen in BALB-C coeds”!

*Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.
-Ogden Nash

Dark chocolate is the food of the gods. That’s all we really need to know.

Nash’s research was hardly rigorous. :rolleyes:

And my research showed me that liquor, while somewhat more effective than placebo in the early evening hours, was quite effectively an anti-aphrodisiac for morning-after activity.

In all, I must say I find the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. :wink:

I’m sure that you cited the prior art by W. Shakespeare on the auto-antagonistic effects of ethanol on the human libido, though it’s often overshadowed by his works on non-vaginal childbirth and on the firming effects of baboon’s blood on medicinal preparations, published in the same journal.

Do they market chocolate that has a very low sugar content? It’s not edible without some sugar.

I make my own hot chocolate from coca. I use less sugar than the recipe.

Candy is an entirely different item. It’s loaded with sugar and is intended to be a sweet treat.

Interesting, but highly illegal in this country. Using the coca leaf, I mean. Using less sugar is not illegal, though some would consider it a crime.

Hmm, I guess I need to add an O to that drink.

Cocoa

Should I have? :rolleyes:

Yes, although the varieties normally labeled “sugar free” or “no sugar added” tend to have maltitol, which can produce the runs, and to only mention it in the tiny-print list of ingredients. Those that contain stevia are usually labelled more clearly (that’s one advantage of fads). And baking cocoa powder or chocolate to make a la taza usually come in zero sugar varieties: for chocolate a la taza, it used to be the “no need to add sugar” kind that was the novelty, now the “add sugar to taste” type has come back in fashion.

https://draxe.com/cocoa-butter/

Cocoa butter (the fat) has some great properties. (if you don’t buy into the saturated fat will kill you myth)

But didn’t you read Qadgop’s post that chocolate isn’t effective at adding an O?

You weren’t supposed to use chocolate Ex-Lax.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

If the “bodily function” is something like my immune system trying to kill me in an over-the-top reaction to an otherwise innocuous substance please do interfere with it!

If you can’t fix the underlying cause of a problem then there is still merit to treating the symptoms if those symptoms significantly interfere with health and life.

The maltitol types come (or maybe used to come) in very small bars. The idea was that so long as you stuck to one you wouldn’t get the runs. For me though it took just half a bar. Not a good thing :slight_smile:

“Do you know what they call alternative medicine that’s been proved to work? [URL=“https://youtu.be/HhGuXCuDb1U?t=158”]Medicine.”

I’m well aware. And chocolate bars have not yet risen to the level of medicine, for the overwhelming majority of patients.

volunteers for further studies