Question for non-Americans - Christmas movies?

Sort of. Many popular shows have a special, higher-budget and/or longer length episode around Christmas.
Additionally, the soap operas will usually have some dramatic event, like a murder, saved for Christmas, and there’ll be one-off episodes of shows that aren’t currently running (e.g. last couple of years there have been one-off episodes of Jonathan Creek. (However, they have been awful, and just served to confirm that the series is done)).

So yeah we look forward to Doctor Who (which indeed has a special episode showing on Christmas day this year), but many other shows too. I’m personally looking forward to the season opener of Black Mirror.

Christmas is a big deal in Britainland.

Yeah, Love Actually seems to be a Christmas staple here: we don’t get the American festive slop, we get the British slop instead - although NZ Christmas is at least in summer, so a lot of it is spent outdoors and TV watching isn’t really a tradition. Personally I just watch the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

It had happened on the first The Vicar of Dibley Christmas Special. Also the tradition in Dibley is meat and sixteen veg. By the end Geraldine was being carted around in a bulldozer.

First saw that on an Andy Griffith Show episode (albeit not Christmas).

Sorry, this is utterly tangential, but maybe interesting: on Dec 6, which is St. Nicholas’ Day in many countries, Finland instead celebrates its Independence Day by watching this film:

Apparently what “It’s a Wonderful Life” is for Christmas in the US, this film is for December 6.

Anyway. Like I said, tangential.

Now that you mention it I do remember that episode.

When everybody had that exotic foreign food, spa-ghet-ti.