Question for transgendered dopers

Now, that is really interesting. Thanks for telling me this. Good to know. But still, I’d better not take any chances. In the interest of self-preservation, I think I need to be extremely cautious if not actually paranoid about it. I don’t know how anyone could even begin to inquire about the issue without drawing unwanted scrutiny.

I don’t deserve to be made paranoid about it. I’m a patriotic American who loves the freedoms of this country and wants to work for the national interest defending America from her enemies.

<Hannah strikes a pose with the Stars and Stripes rippling in the breeze behind her as the band plays “America the Beautiful.”>

I’m not gonna sell secrets to the terrorists just because my gender is unorthodox, for fuck’s sake. I have every interest in keeping America free so my kind can have at least a fighting chance for existence.

Colored me surprised when I saw the email in my mailbox that this thread was updated.

Jomo, thanks for the support and if you ever have any questions, my email is in my profile.

As far as work is concerned, the company I work for lost the project I was on. I had gone as far as wearing earrings and shoes with heels(granted they looked like boots when my pant leg covered my ankle but they were shoes all the same).

Since I was moved to a new project, I started over. I started wearing earrins after about 2 weeks(studs of course). But now, I am starting an entirely new job and will start over again, although I went to the interview with studs and the heels.

I seem to spend most of my life with studs and heels.

Oh, wait, you meant . . . Never mind!

I have a question for KellyM and lee. I realize that this may be none of my business so it it’s something you don’t want to discuss, then please just say so. Given the recent elections and the more conservative shift this country is taking, I don’t see same-sex unions being recognized anytime soon. Have you considered legalizing your union before the definitive surgery? Does the gender on the DL make a difference, or is it the social security card? Particularly given the fact that you have a child ( and please don’t think I am saying you have to be married to have a child; I am thinking more of legal ramifications, custody in case of one party’s demise, inheritance, work benefits, etc) would it make sense to consider marriage before the surgery?

I really don’t want to get divorced and the government does not yet believe the plural of spouse is spice.

The legal issue around psychobunny’s question about lee and KellyM’s marriage seems to be very gnarly.

From this site: http://www.transhistory.org/history/index.html

The problem being caused by this society which has locked itself into an exclusive gender binary and doesn’t know how to understand gender crossers.