Questions regarding Hitler’s Speeches

The movie was based on the play of the same name, which was written by Robert Shaw (Yes, that Robert Shaw – Quint in Jaws, Red Grant in From Russia with Love Robert Shaw. He wrote quite a few plays). For some reason they made quite a few changes, not all required for the transition to the screen. Shaw didn’t write the screenplay. But the section you’re referring to is in the original play. Both the play and the movie are based on the book of the same title, which Shaw also wrote.

Donald Pleasance played the part in the original New York run

To me, it sounds like a certain type of “preacher oratory”.

I feel like this analogy may be in bad taste, but , imagine if you didn’t speak English and the only clips you ever saw of MLK was the crescendo of his speeches. “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last” You may get the impression that the entirety of all his speeches were in a loud, borderline yelling tone.

I’d guess that a vast majority of the Hitler footage you ever see on TV is the same recycled footage from ‘Triumph of the will’

I can’t concur at all. King never screamed that much and hard, and Hitler was aggressive not only in content but also in tone, whereas King’s speeches had a musical tone, which Hitler’s didn’t have at all. He sounded more like a machine gun.

Yeah but Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon ! Two coats!

I know its not the best analogy. My point was that Hitler didn’t just walk up to the mic and immediately begin ranting and waving his arms about.