Quick question about hydroxychloroquine

You need to read more closely. I was not posting in defense of hydroxychlorquine. I know this topic is a political trigger for some. I was making the point that many physicians that have used the drug are using it for it’s blood thinning capabilities, which are not in dispute. Although there are better blood thinners on the market than this particular drug. The articles I posted were about the effects that clotting and clots are primary condition of those with severe cases of COVID.

My favorite rebuttal is from his colleagues, who actually associate him with Peter Duesberg (yes, he of the belief that AIDS was not caused by HIV, and ended up being at least partially responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths) in their strongly worded rebuttal.

https://medium.com/@gregggonsalves/statement-from-yale-faculty-on-hydroxychloroquine-and-its-use-in-covid-19-47d0dee7b2b0

Excellent!

For those that don’t want to read the entire letter, the conclusion sums it all up nicely:

Cites needed for this whole paragraph.

why? It is well known that the drug helps with certain symptoms. So does aspirin. That doesn’t make either one a cure or a preventative.

Are you addressing me? It is not well known that hydroxychloroquine helps with certain symptoms. Regardless, Omar Little is making very specific claims. For example, von Willebrand’s factor is part of the clotting cascade and there is such thing as covid-19 associated coagulopathy. I don’t know of any studies to show that they are linked and would like to see them. It would be interesting. In addition, I would like like to see a study that links hydroxychloroquine to von Willebrand’s factor or anything in the clotting cascade. I was under the impression that its mode of action is through processing of autoantigens and T cell hyperactivity.