Quick trip to LA - what to do?

ETA: IIRC the trains stop running around midnight, so keep that in mind if you use them.

Sorry! I had all intention of responding to this a few days ago. We will be leaving a week from today. The work event that I’m attending starts a week from tomorrow, so we are starting to count down the days. We made a list of all the stuff listed here and are going through it trying to plan out how to get the most out of our short time there. Thanks for all the responses so far though, I’ll be sure to update you when I get back…

Brendon Small

Sorry again…I meant to come back and post about the trip, but had forgotten completely. We ended up arriving later than planned on the first night, around 9 pacific time, because we missed a connecting flight in Minneapolis. That night was basically blown as we were exhausted and ready to just crash. The LAAC was wonderful though, and we wandered through the facilities that evening. The next day, we made it to a few things we could walk to, mostly just by wandering and finding what we could in the morning, then we went over toward the Staples center that evening. We had already eaten by the time we got to the Original Pantry, but took some pictures of it and wandered on down the road. After exploring the little area near the Staples Center and movie theater, we wandered back to the hotel bar and had a great time just sitting around talking to a few folks who worked there and a fellow who had a membership to come work out at the facilities. We stayed until the bar closed, then wandered up to the roof. The next day was my bigger work day, so I can’t say much for what Mrs. Small did (pretty sure it involved homework and relaxation) but that evening we ate at Wokcano and it was actually pretty wonderful. We walked around some more that evening and just spent some time wandering around. Mostly, that was the extent of the trip, partially because of the short time-line and partially because I sort of got the flu by the end of the second day. We plan on going back in the future, but spending a few more days and renting a car. I really appreciate all the suggestions though, and we will definitely keep the list for the next trip out west.

Brendon Small