Recent Shakespeare movies, AKA Branagh is the swooniest!

[QUOTE=SmartAleq]

Also a shout out to Leechboy for the head’s up on the Rylance Henry V, although I’m having a tough time picturing the essentially retiring and inward actor as the larger-than-life character, should be an interesting juxtaposition. Netflix will be busy this week..
[/QUOTE]

Well, he is less bombastic than the other two. But you do get a real sense of Henry’s concern for his men. His cry of “Not today O Lord, not today” is heartbreaking.

outlierrn - good call on In the Bleak Midwinter

I liked the recent Midsummer Night’s Dream, but that may have had more to do with it being my favourite play.

I liked the Bonham Carter Twelfth Night of '96. Haven’t seen She’s The Man yet.

And as a loose adaptation, 10 Things I Hate About You was quite good.

[QUOTE=MrDibble]

I liked the recent Midsummer Night’s Dream, but that may have had more to do with it being my favourite play.

I liked the Bonham Carter Twelfth Night of '96. Haven’t seen She’s The Man yet.
good.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, forgot Midsummer, looked fabulous but most of the acting was… hmmm… you COULD build bridges out of it, but Callista’s too thin to make a good strong bridge spar.

Ben Kingsley’s Fool was also very good…