Recommend a Carl Hiaasen novel for my wife

Sounds like I misremembered some things. Sorry!

Keep in mind that my viewpoint is a bit distorted. I read Florida Roadkill, Dorsey’s first book, in paperback, but I listened to Cadillac Beach and Torpedo Juice on audiobook. And while reading used to be my favorite activity, I haven’t been able to concentrate while reading a printed book for a couple years now; some kind of brain problem. So my thinking that Cadillac Beach was the best Dorsey book so far could be biased against Florida Roadkill because I had a much harder time reading it than I had listening to the other two. FWIW, I’ve heard people say that Florida Roadkill is their favorite Dorsey book. Also FWIW, I can’t read Hiaasen’s actual books either, so if you can, you’ll probably find Dorsey’s pre-Cadillac Beach books better than I do, since they’re not available in audiobook yet. Dorsey told me in an e-mail that all of his books are going to be produced as audiobooks sometime, but there’s no schedule yet (except that his latest, The Big Bamboo, will be coming out in July).

[hijack]
a lot of spoiler tags in this thread, well, actually, all the spoiler tags in this thread don’t, uh, spoiler. Anyone else seeing that?
[/hijack]

I read three Hiaasens in a row last year then started to get annoyed by the whole schtick.

However, Skinny Dip was great.

They worked when I first read this thread. I think this is a vBulletin problem, I’ve seen it on other sites before, some config setting IIRC.