Recommend me small museums in London -I'm visiting 100 this year.

Bonzer: yeah, it might start to get tricky; I’m not restricting my self to London, but it would be extra cool if I did manage to get to 100 within, say, the Oystercard boundaries. Cool might not be the right word there, but you know what I mean.

I’m finally a tenth of the way there, so am just about on track despite a couple of dramas trying to derail me. I have an extra membership to the V&A available, so I’ve decided to offer it up as a competition: Free Victoria and Albert Museum Membership!

(The museum reviews are up there too, of course).

The Royal Mews was fun to see. And you might as well join the crowd to watch Changing the Guards while you’re there…

I hope to win the V&A memebership! My husband and I are going to London and driing out to Manchester for a few weeks vacation this spring. If you are going outside of London for museums, I’d like to see reviews of the Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and the St Albans Museums.

I went there today. It was even more gruesome than the Leprosy Museum in Bergen. Excellent stuff :smiley:

If you want to do two Museums in one day, then I passed by the Steam Museum “the most important historic site of the water supply industry in Britain”, and the Musical Museum " a comprehensive array of sophisticated reproducing pianos, orchestrions, orchestrelles, residence organs and violin players" today. Apparently they’re only worth going to see on a weekend, as that’s when they power up their respective devices.

I’m going this weekend. Go to Kew Bridge train/bus stop. They are both right there

I do actually have those both planned to do together - GMTA and all that. But yeah, on weekdays (outside of school holidays, at least) they’re not fully open. That’s the case with a lot of small museums, unfortunately.

St. Albans is really only worth it for Veralanium, but if you went on a Sunday, you do another twofer in conjunction with the DeHavilland Museum (the aircraft, not Olivia ;))

The V&A Museum of Childhood

Thanks Tapioca Dextrin! I’m not sure if I can get my traveling companion to go to an aircraft museum, but I’ll add it tot the list.