Recovering XP Product Key.....

I’ll just add that I’ve tried all that again just for the sake of it, while I wait for the other side of the world to wake up…

Same results when my drive is jumpered as Master. In case, as was mentioned, it was a drive that did not use jumpers when used as a single drive, (though I doubt this) I tried it with none. This brings me to a screen giving me the options of:

Start Windows in Safe Mode: (results - restarts, comes back to this same options screen)

Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking: (results - restarts, comes back to this same options screen)

Start Windows in Safe Mode with Command Prompt: (results - restarts, comes back to this same options screen)

Start with last known good configuration: (results - restarts, comes back to this same options screen)

Start Windows Normally: (results - restarts, comes back to this same options screen)
So, not much luck, as you can see…

Question: Can you make a BartPE disk and boot from it?

If so Try http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=119846 (warning possible popup ads I got one)

The drive is working perfectly in this mode in that it’s giving you boot options, it looks like either the registry is hosed or there’s some aspect the hardware of the new platform that’s giving the XP boot mode a serious bellyache. Are there any OS boot options in the BIOS menus you can try toggling? Is there an older video card you can temporarily install for your boot procedure?

I definitely don’t have another video card handy, but I will restart in a few minutes to check if there are any OS settings in the BIOS.
I might hunt around for a spare power supply for my old P2 this afternoon, maybe I’ll be able to load it on that machine.