Refresh my memory about Imitrex

teela brown, do you have any precursor symptoms at all? Visual problems are frequent, but some people just feel a sort of weirdness that seems to precede the migraine by as much as a day.

Mine usually came at night too, but I’ve learned that if I crave chocolate in the evening (whereas I’m really not a chocolate fan usually), it’s a sure sign that a migraine will start during the night. I’m really salivating and dying for chocolate, then I realize… I don’t think chocolate is a trigger, because I get the migraine even if I haven’t indulged in chocolate at all.

I remember the bad old days of aspirin and gravol.

Can’t vomit up the dissolvable Maxalt? Ha! I am fairly sure I have barfed up my stomach lining.

Imitrex works at any point if I can keep it down. However, once I know I have a miraine I am vomiting every 15 minutes. I have the nasal spray and even that still goes through the stomach so I vomit the trickling medicine.

The injectable version sounds interesting minus all the horrible warnings and interactions. If it matters to you, my migraines are hormonal and didn’t hit too badly until after the kiddos.

I can tell if one is lurking in the background ready to surface; I get a strange puffy-behind-the-eyes sensation and I can hear my pulse in my ears. I’ve had two ocular migraines, but neither were followed by any pain.

Last night, I woke up at 3 to pee, and noticed that a migraine was just starting. I took an Imitrex, and it worked! I woke at 5:30 a.m. for work, migraine-free. It feels so good when it goes away.