Removing melted plastic from a glass stove top?

there you were.

What happened with the razor? If it had already worked for the first half, why not the rest?

Perhaps using a hair dryer or heat gun ($30 at the auto store) to soften the plastic before scraping would help. Might get lucky and have it come off in one chunk. If using a heat gun and plastic scraper please exercise appropriate caution to avoid making the problem worse…

I got the edges off but the center seems too thin to get off with a razor. I can’t seem to scrape that part off without taking some of the glass with it. I don’t want to ruin that burner. Maybe the hair dryer will work.

This seems too obvious, but have you checked the owner’s manual or called the manufacturer to ask for advice? My guess is that you’re not the first (nor the last) person to do this.

I bought the house used, you know, with the stove already in it. It’s an old stove, I’d say decades, since this house was furnished in the 70’s (and it shows-- lots of eagles and colonial dudes). I could probably go into Sears and ask someone, but why do that when you have the Internet right at your fingertips?