Republicans take early lead in early voting

Just to add a data point: I had a Florida absentee ballot, and if I had mailed it from within the US postage would have been free (or covered by Florida, presumably). So no stamp issues.

Since I’m out of the country at the moment I had to pay postage but that’s entirely reasonable.

A stitch in time saves nine.

I’m non-partisan. When I lived in my native state, I was registered non-partisan. Up here, there’s no by-party registration.

I mailed my ballot yesterday. Straight Democrat.

Italics above are mine.

That’s why it’s not a poll tax. The state itself isn’t levying a tax at all- you can deliver the ballot yourself, or you can have someone else- USPS, FedEx, UPS, a commercial courier service, a friend’s teenage child, your spouse, etc… to deliver it for you. Not all of those cost money.

There’s not a requirement that you use a delivery service in the first place, and no requirement that if you do, that you use the USPS.

And that’s leaving out the fact that the USPS is a federal agency, and the voting is regulated by the states.

FWIW, the college students of today are not Millennials, they’re Generation Z. The title of the article shows it’s about College Students, and the first line of the article notes that it’s about Generation Z.

Millennials are in their late 20s and early 30s, and in the workforce (or at least trying to be). They’re not college students.

In addition to the points others have made about there being plenty of free ways to turn a ballot in, this logic leads down some pretty silly paths.

They don’t give you a pen, either, and you literally do need a pen to fill out the ballot; it’s written right on the instructions.

But that’s not a poll tax either.

Dunno if it will amount to much but seems promising:

Probably won’t help in Texas but Stacy Abrams has got to be thrilled.

A hand in a bird’s bush gets you 3 to 7, or elected.

Bumping this because we now know that Nate Silver and Nate Cohn were right: Early vote information has no predictive value for determining election outcomes.

Those where very big bushes and that was a very tiny presidential hand. :slight_smile: