Republicans: who would you pick for 2016?

That’s enough, Elvis. Personal comments about another poster edge perilously close to violating the ‘post, not poster’ rule.

They really have no choice. Angry White Men are pretty much the GOP’s base now, and the GOP is pretty much stuck with that and can’t afford to lose them, and many AWMs will stay home rather than vote for a woman or an ethnic minority no matter what politics come out of that pol’s mouth.

And the GOP’s base is also disproportionately old. (And, of course, we’re talking about politics, a field in which one is a baby at 50.)

It seems a waste of a vote to write yourself in. What is it about Hillary that disqualifies her? Perhaps that issue(s) could be overcome by things that you may agree with her on.

As a moderate Republican my favorite candidate is Hillary. I’m probably more interested in her than most Democrats. :smiley:

Out of the field in my party… who can tell this far in advance when the field is starting to look like a baseball roster. I heavily weight foreign policy in selecting who gets my vote for President. Its not a field with much if any experience in that area so there’s a lot of work to do to sort the wheat from the chaff in the next 9 months.

Look on the bright side, if is 100% chaff, its gluten-free!

If we’d had it, then Democrats wouldn’t be at their lowest point in 80 years when it comes to Congress and state legislatures. The people seem to tolerate Obama well enough, or at least prefer him to Republican alternatives, but they’ve had no problem firing Democrats and replacing them with Republicans by the trainload.

Ah, yes, that would be the vast majority of Americans who are dead set on making abortion illegal or unobtainable, totally against marriage equality, and united in their affection for America’s financial industries. Also, determined to destroy socialized medicine.

Shit, I guess Hillary is doomed. Darn.

More people voted for Democratic US reps than Republican last time out. It’s only due to gerrymandering that Mr. Orange has a gavel in his hand. And why do Republicans control gerrymandering in so many places? It’s because they rode the anti-ACA hysteria to win in state districts in 2010. The 2020 election will correct some of this.

If it’s an another all fiber general election… I’m tired of having to take Immodium to avoid soiling myself at the polls.

That’s pretty much the way I feel. I’m still a nominal Republican but that’s mostly because of state and local politics. When I look at the national candidates, I wonder what the hell is wrong with the party. The Democrats are offering better Republican candidates than the Republicans are.

Hillary hates guns, men, and the South. There’s really no way she could earn my vote.

What do you base that on?

That’s some bold assertions you’ve got there.

Can you cite what makes you believe that Hillary hates guns, men, and or the South? Because that sounds like the sort of drivel that RW media promulgates, but is based on demonizing fairly reasonable policy positions on Hillary’s part.

Mind you, I actually am for gun control (but I don’t hate guns), I believe women should have equal rights and pay (but I don’t hate men), and I think the South is largely run by racist imbeciles (but I don’t hate the actual people… at least the ones who aren’t racist imbeciles).

My guess, he’s a gun-owning Southern man, and Hillary tied him to a tree and hurled circular saw blades at him.

She’s a Democrat, she’s a strong woman, and she didn’t go back to Arkansas after 2000. Is that it?

The only way Hillary could be the most conservative candidate is if Michael Bloomberg get’s the Republican nomination. And if that happens I shall flee the United States and move to Baldwinia.

That part is true. And I beat Hillary in a fiddling contest near Atlanta years ago. Won a golden prize that night.

Michael Bloomberg is certainly more conservative than Hillary.

Depends on the issue. He’s all about the nanny state to push his agenda. Wants to ban guns and big Cokes. May as well hold hands with Hanoi Jane and Hillary, find a mountain top, and sing about buying the world a bottled water or some shit.

On what issue, pray tell?