Request: Historically embarrasing quotes.

(St Paul to the Corinthians).

I’m not sure if that’s the exact quote but it is the gist of it. That gaffe probably cost him the election. IIRC he was ahead in the polls at the time.

Ronald Reagan:

“My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.”
[sub]
* a radio microphone test, 1984**[/sub]*

Tripler
I love the man. :smiley:

“Strangle a white person slowly.” Miles Davis, when asked what he would do if he only had 15 minutes to live.

“I want to go up to the closest white person and say: ‘You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health.” – Charles Barron, a New York city councilman at a reparations rally, 2002

“White folks was in caves while we was building empires… We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” – Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ,

Say there, Neroli, can you provide some cites on those quotes?

Say there, Daoloth, can you proved a cite for that quote?

Yes. It was in Newsweek magazine, in an interview. Taken from here:

“But what we know is that Israel has weapons of mass destruction. Nobody talks about that. Why should there be one standard for one country, especially because it [Iraq] is black, and another one for another country, Israel, because that is white.”

Here is a Pit thread on the quote, in case you missed it.