Response to reported post?

Check out the Slang Dictionary.

It’s just as well that we don’t hear back. I reported a thread for insults once, having lost sight of the fact that it was in the Pit. I felt like an idiot afterward, and I kept waiting to get a PM titled, “Attention Idiot.”

Indeed.

Ode To All Those Missing Socks… and to all those sad pathetic people who can only dance with the pictures of their socks and the memory of their own banning… and their own smell… at some sad and twisted place… somewhere else on the internet…

To Those Pathetic People who keep coming back after being banned… in their anguish over their hateful fascist failures… doomed to repeat their mistakes until the end of all time like some Twilight Zone episode that they can’t ever learn from…

Dopers, re: The Socks…
One day we’ll dance on their graves…
One day we’ll sing our freedom…!
One day we’ll laugh in our joy
And we’ll dance…!

I did that, too. I sent a PM to Miller apologizing for my mistake and he PMed me back to say don’t worry about it, it’s cool.

I once reported another site that was apparently plagiarizing threads from this board. As I recall, Ed Zotti said they were going to look into it and that was the last I heard of it.

If a multi-million dollar cash settlement resulted, I feel slipping me a twenty would have been a nice gesture.

If you felt like an idiot when you did it, imagine how dumb I feel when I do it.

Those plagiarism sites are generally stealing material because they cannot afford to pay for genuine content. Once the legal fees from getting them closed are totaled, you are lucky you were not asked to chip in for the legal fund.

Is 51 a particularly busy day? What’s the average?

Yes, but this was a syndicated news column.

That said, I was joking about a multi-million dollar settlement. I’m sure the whole thing was settled by a quick word at the next Adams family get-together.

(I also see it was TubaDiva who posted Ed would be checking on it, not Ed himself.)

I’ve never run a breakdown - and I’m not going to now - but it seems about average. 30 or so per day across all fora.

It’s those Marketplace people. They’re troublemakers.

You could send the info to that guy that likes to make lists. He might like to compile the info. I can’t think of his name at the moment but it started with a “z”, or a “v”, or maybe an “o”. Sorry about not remembering your name Mr. Z, Mr. V or Mr. O.

I got a gesture for you.

To quote Xykon from Order of the Stick:

“Oh look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one?”