Rich people Living in Slum Neighborhoods? WTF?

Bed-Stuy Brooklyn checking in here.

All those fancy cars belong to drug dealers, or people doing other things they shouldn’t be doing. Many of the cars are registered elsewhere with a family, and while that saves on insurance, there simply is no way some gold toothed illiterate thug is paying for a 2004 Mercedes with his part time Footlocker wages.

What the hell? Was the last person arrested for tax evasion in America Al Capone or something? If it’s that obvious to Harry Q. Pubichair then it should be reasonably easy to pick up by someone who works the IRS. Or do they only go after people who don’t keep 7 year old reciepts? MYSTERY

My first thought (from my experience locally) is drug dealers. Drive a nice car, but stay close to your power-base. I’m sure there are other explanations, though, that are equally valid.

Yes, because the IRS drives around da hood, stopping random Escalades to make sure their paperwork is intact.

It’s pretty simple, the majority of real fancy cars in really crappy places are not owned by doctors looking to save a few bucks on rent.