RickJay's warning in the 2012 Death Pool

I apologize SpoilerVirgin–I thought your jest was serious. You praised the Jon Corzine, who wasn’t on my list (if I had included a NJ governor it would be Christie). But to state one choice is bad and another good is ludicrous. We are not wishing or wanting these people to die.

We’re just saying they might and if they do, more points for us!

Thats exactly right Death Mistress. Sick of reading all this crap about what is offensive and what is not.

Personally, I chose Harry Connick Junior because I hated his high and mighty attitude when he came to Australia and started crapping on about political correctness and golliwogs and have since then wished him to die.

So what! My perogative. Must be a thousand to one though… more fool me eh…

Shut up and play the freakin’ morbid game.

I agree with the intentions behind the moderation. In the past there have been some political or religious sniping about comments that have been in the DP. He was just trying to head it off at the pass. But it could have been written better which he did here.

Loach
Extremely Lapsed Catholic

Seems to me it defeats the purpose of the Death Pool game to list people you want to die, as opposed to people you think will likely die.

Of course, I’m a purist.

At least it has generated a lot of interest in that thread.
Perhaps to make a thread popular the Mods could boot someone out of the thread once a year?

Ah, the Warn Pool…

He actually used the word cult correctly:

cult[kuhlt]

1. a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
  2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
  3. the object of such devotion.
  4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
  5. Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.

I can see it. Who wants to be “profiting” from the death of a guy you actually like (say, Terry Pratchett)?

It’s sort of like refusing to take players from a team you hate on your fantasy sports team - you’re handicapping yourself, but if it enhances your enjoyment of the game, why not?

Some people are in it for the glory, others for the art.