Right Song, Wrong Artist

It probably doesn’t help that one of Van’s most famous songs is called “Moondance”.

I always thought that Wilbert Harrison’s version of “Kansas City” was by Fats Domino.

Nope, John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band are from Rhode Island. They were all about trying to sound like Bruce though.

:smack: My memory sucks.

“Gemini Dream”, by the Moody Blues. When it first came out, I was positive that it was the Electric Light Orchestra.

Oh, yes, absolutely.

When I first heard Through and Through I kept trying to find it by googling “Waiting on a call from you” and “Bruce Springsteen.” It was on the Sopranos, and I guess I figured, Stevie Van Zandt, prominent Bruce Springsteen song. Then I finally found out it was by the Rolling Stones except it was a Keith Richards song which is why I didn’t realize it was by the Stones right away. D’oh!

I thought “I Know” was by Arrested Development. Nope, it was Dionne Farris who used to be with Arrested Development.

But, since I was born during the Eisenhower administration, I think I get a pass.

Up until about a year ago, I thought “Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress” was CCR.

Hollies.

I think that the Hollies are the hardest group to remember that it was them that sang their songs and not some other group. To me their songs sounded like they were sung by half a dozen different groups. The Wikipedia entry on them suggests a different reason that I may be confusing them with other groups:

They took a long time to be recognized in the U.S. as a major group. Back when I was listening to radio a lot in the 1960’s and the early 1970’s, they would have an occasional minor hit. I never heard enough songs by them at any single point to be able to associate all the songs with a single group. At some point (perhaps ten years ago) I bought a boxed set of their major and minor hits. It was only then that I realized that they were responsible for all those songs that I remembered without being able to put a name to the group.

Yeah, there’s a lot of Hollies’ songs I confuse with Herman’s Hermits, too.

Who the fuck is Hope Benedict? CNN tells me she has a new cd out, but I’ve never heard of her. No biggie. So many new artists I’ve never heard of abd I could give a shit.

What?
Wait.

What? Pope Benedict has an album?
Fuck me.
Seriously?
Huh.

So, there’s no Hope Benedict, then?