Road Rage

U-turns are legal at most intersections everywhere I’ve ever lived, unless otherwise indicated. That’s why they make “No U-turn” signs for the exceptions.

The problem with the u-turn thing at the intersection was the lady was pulling a right on red, completely legal in most places as lang as traffic is clear. When you put on your left turn signal she assumed you were turning left onto the street she was coming off from, not making a u-turn onto the street she was about to enter. What you need is a left signal, a right signal, and a u-turn signal for those moments where such might be appropiate.

I’m in California, where U-Turns are pretty much acceptable. I’ve been told that if there’s no sign saying “No U-Turn” at an intersection, then it’s legal (not so sure about that one, though).

Anyway, at the intersection/light I was making the U-turn at, there was indeed a sign indicating “Left or U-turn on arrow only.” I made my U-turn on the arrow. Completely legal.

I agree–a U-turn signal could be a handy, and helpful, thing. The woman not illogically assumed I was only turning left. It was her fury over this encounter that caused me to react as I did.

Road Rage In Tennessee

At this point in time, ALL of the interstate routes in and out of Nashville TN. have Tenn. Dept of Trans. crews on them. THERE IS NO UNBLOCKED/UNLOCKED/UNCROWDED ROUTE IN & OUT OF THIS (^%%&&*(%%#@ TOWN!

God help me. I work for TDOT.
But I only make photos & maps. That’s all.
Please don’t hurt me (whimper, whimper).

We have met the enemy, and He is Us.–Walt Kelly

Gilbert, AZ has the worst amount of road construction that I’ve ever seen, anywhere (and I used to live near Atlanta). I cannot drive 1 mile without being held up by construction. Thanks, ADOT!!