Robin Hood on BBC America- anyone else's guilty pleasure?

This one?
Though I prefer this one :slight_smile:

I watched the first two episodes yesterday. They were terrible. I’ll try the eighties version next.

Trivia! Richard Green is MY real life name. It’s also one of the 50 most common names in the western world. I do sometimes get jokeingly asked if either I, or a relative of mine, was the one who played Robin Hood.

You should point out to them that the TV actor spelled his name “Greene” :wink:

After reading this thread, I rented the first two disks over the weekend. It’s not bad. It made us laugh in a few spots, and it’s something we can watch with the kids. My 11-yr-old really likes it, although he did not understand what was so funny about:

“I shot the sherriff!”
“No, you shot the deputy.”

Nottigham castle looks suspiciously like Shrewsbury Abbey.

It’s not though. I believe it was all filmed on location in some cheap Eastern European country.

Hungary, I think. The local organised crime outfit stole the masters and held them to ransom too.

Wow, a lot of hate for “Robin of Sherwood” here.

Sorry folks, loved ROS, think the new on blows (still watch it for cheap laughs). Considering what a useless pretty boy the new Robin is, and what a clueless cock tease Marion is, I often find myself rooting for the sheriff, at least in the early episodes he seemed vaguely competent. You have to love a Robin Hood series where the worst thing you could do in Sherwood is trust Robin.  :)

Have you watched RoS recently, though?

Okay I will admit I haven't, but ye-ghods, it couldn't possibly be as MST3K bad as this one. 

:confused:

Could it?

Holy flashback, Batman!

I remember this series from when I was a teenager. I think they showed it for a while on HBO. I thought the guy who played Robin Hood was the cutest guy I had ever seen in my young life. Quality of acting, schmality of acting . . . that guy was hot.